The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

celebrate.gif
I'm so eggcited. I didn't expect to get any chicks and after being 2 days late I had given up. Early this morning I ended up with 3 silkie chicks before i went to bed at 9 am. I got up at 2:30 to find 2 english Orp chicks in there all dry and resting. I'm not giving a final count yet. I'm not sure if they're done.
wee.gif
There is another orp working on hatching. I've already gotten a 50% hatch rate on the ones that made it to lock down. Thats 50% more than what i expected.

One more hatched so I'm up to 4/17 with several large pips and one that still is almost out. This is another one from our neighbor's birds. I'll have to visit her tomorrow and let her know that for my first try hatching chickens that we're doing well. :)

Of 24 set, 17 hatched, 5 were infertile(all from my new layers), and 2 that didn't hatch.

Great! Congratulations!
yesss.gif

Loving all these chickie pictures!
We have two hatched out, we'll see about the remaining 3. No pips yet.

Here is our first hatcher, an Ameracauna x Australorp:

Awwwww.

not all pictured more dryng in bators HATCH is complete!!

95- minus 8 DIS and culled 2 after hatch
ya.gif
= 85 @mlm Mike
AWESOME!!!
jumpy.gif
Did you name them all yet?
lau.gif

Ok, here is a group picture of some of my Easter HAL chicks in their brooder. (the rest of them were hiding under the heat plate) In case you didn't see my earlier post @mlm Mike my final chick count is 31.

They are right next door to the one week old chicks from last week's hatch, and I will be combining the two groups in a few days once the newbies have their feet under them a bit. So neat seeing them side by side - amazing to see the growth in one week!
Congratulations! Nice photos.

Of the 17 eggs, woke up to two chicks hatched (a fluffy yellow from a neighbor's welsummer/buff orphpington flock, and one very dark one with dark legs from one of our blue eggs). So far today I have one more hatch (olive egg), one that looks like it's almost out and several external pips. Very excited as these are "Children of Kazoo" (Kazoo is our EE rooster).

Is there a spreadsheet I need to update somewhere for the hatch-a-long.

So far the EE chicks have all had dark legs. I'm hoping that holds, so I can easily tell them apart when they've all hatched. (I have bands for them when everyone is out.)

Very excited!
No spreadsheet for you to update, you just need to post your final count here in the thread!

Back
Top Bottom