The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

All these cute babies!!!! BABY BUTT OVERLOAD!!!!!!

I took 5 chicks this afternoon to a new home. They will be waiting in the baskets of 2 little girls that tried and failed a hatch of there own last month. I'm so glad I could be a part of that for them.

I'm not sure, I just got them a couple of weeks ago. I am guessing these tan are coturnix but I'm not sure what the others are or if they are coturnix also.
g I've been told the coturnix quail are the type to get started with I've been thinking about it but haven't wanted to start a whole new cage set up. Chickens pretty much rule the time factor here.

Quote:
AWESOME!!!
jumpy.gif
Did you name them all yet?
lau.gif
NOOOO
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
but half are gone already!!! YAYAYYAYAAAAAA

All 11 that made it to lockdown are hatched and hyper!
great news!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Help! She seems strong but obviously has 2 issues.
sad.png
This is the first I've ever hatched with problems.

Iodine umbilical and fix toes NOW
see here

Treatments for Leg Problems in Chickens & other Poultry

https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry
CURLY TOES Spraddle Leg TENDON Leg ISSUES post #42573

Anyone with a Broody Hatching Chicks Should Get Some Pictures

And Enter this Contest!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...eir-babies-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long
Deadline for entry is April 1st, 2016 at midnight PST

Contest #6
Broodies & their babies!

7th Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

93a34dba_T56A0386c-copy.jpeg

2013 winner @Contrastphoto

THANK YOU MIKE!!!!! your AWESOME SAUCE!!!!! whoot whoot
Please Remember to Vote in Caption Contest #1

VOTE NOW!

Photo Caption

Contest #1

CLICK HERE TO go to VOTING POLL

THANK uuuuuuuu

@sallysunshine
I had a weird thing happen. All the chicks feathers are crusted together? I do not have cute fluffy chicks. Should I use a warm paper towel? Why would this happen? They have been in the brooder for a while. Even the one that hatched yesterday is still this way.

Incubator is a great idea, thanks! I currently have it in the brooder (which is at around 95 with the new HAL babies) - in a separate little container, of course!
Good luck!

I'm not sure, I just got them a couple of weeks ago. I am guessing these tan are coturnix but I'm not sure what the others are or if they are coturnix also.

Those are all coturnix, they are just different color mutations.
smile.png

Quote: YOUZE BOTHES IZ DE CUTEST! :love ZEY BOTHES HAS ZIE CUTE FEETIES!!!! :weee :lau You only quoted part of my reply :gig
but mine has puffy cheeks ;)
look like jumbo brown (normal tan ones), Texas A&M, and British range I think; colors on your quail that is

Back
Top Bottom