The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

Couldn't help my self just put 42 more eggs in the bator. All barnyard mixes. The barnyard mixes I hatched for the hatch along. Went to there knew home today my moms friend bought them all. She was in love with them.

Ok, I started with 60. 10 Trader Joe's eggs and 15 of my silkie eggs were infertile, and I dropped 1 Spitzhauben egg on day 18. 34 made it to lockdown. 28 hached. 12 Spitzhauben, 13 Bantam blue EE and 3 of my silkies. When you add the 7 broody silkies, 2 CCL and 5 silkie/sizzle/frilkies from earlier in the week, we have lots of babies!!! I sold 2 broody babies and my cat killed 1, leaving me with 39 cute little fuzzy babies!!!!!!

Duckiiiiiies

DUCK FACES!!!! AAAAAAAHH!! :love

Couldn't help my self just put 42 more eggs in the bator. All barnyard mixes. The barnyard mixes I hatched for the hatch along. Went to there knew home today my moms friend bought them all. She was in love with them.

:clap

I was calling this hatch a scratch. 21 days was at noon yesterday. No movement. No pips no noise. Figured I'd give them a couple days and then scratch it

Got home from Easter with my family and I can hear peeping from the incubator. I only see one pip but it sure is a vocal little chick. Yea!!! Maybe they're just gonna be a couple days late. Lol

I was calling this hatch a scratch. 21 days was at noon yesterday. No movement. No pips no noise. Figured I'd give them a couple days and then scratch it

Got home from Easter with my family and I can hear peeping from the incubator. I only see one pip but it sure is a vocal little chick. Yea!!! Maybe they're just gonna be a couple days late. Lol
what was your heat? low heat causes slow hatch, glad you go side tracked and didn't throw them away

what was your heat?  low heat causes slow hatch, glad you go side tracked and didn't throw them away

There was a couple times throughout these 3 weeks when my temp dipped down a 2-3 degrees. Im really happy to hear peeping. And you're right being side tracked was a huge help. Admittedly I spent most of Friday and Saturday standing over my incubator

There was a couple times throughout these 3 weeks when my temp dipped down a 2-3 degrees. Im really happy to hear peeping. And you're right being side tracked was a huge help. Admittedly I spent most of Friday and Saturday standing over my incubator
I don't know but I'm not sure if 2-3 degrees will make that much difference unless your running a low temp to start with, calibrate your thermometer

Hey Mike, my final hatch count is 13.
I started 30 eggs, 17 went into lockdown. I did eggtopsies on the four that didn't hatch. Two BCMs were in the wrong position so couldn't pip. Another BCM pipped internally but never externally; felt really bad about this one and wish I had intervened sooner. The other DIS was a silkie that was in position with it's beak pressed against the internal membrane, so sad.
hit.gif

I am very happy to have the 12 healthy chicks, but I have one silkie with wry neck. I ground up one of my multivitamins (containing selenium and vit E along with others), made a solution and have been dosing the chick every couple hours. I'm also giving it a little boiled egg yolk with vit E mixed in. It does seem to help but wears off in a couple hours.

The hatch includes one EE/SF ,five silkies, one polish, two Buff Orp, one SF/Coch
mlmmike did you see my final count? It is 13.

Back
Top Bottom