The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

The 8 week old girls and guys say hi. To all the chicken lovers out there!!!

When a chick has spraddle leg, and you hobble it, how long do you keep the hobble on? I hobbled the little guy on Saturday, I think? It was running all over the place today, so I took the hobble off. It is walking on it's feet, but still has a bit of a waddle, rather than a walk. Should I have left the hobbling equipment on a bit longer?
It usually takes two or three days.

I would put it back on for a day or so. It is easily fixed now but cannot be fixed later.

When a chick has spraddle leg, and you hobble it, how long do you keep the hobble on? I hobbled the little guy on Saturday, I think? It was running all over the place today, so I took the hobble off. It is walking on it's feet, but still has a bit of a waddle, rather than a walk. Should I have left the hobbling equipment on a bit longer?
I usually leave them on a week, or until it falls off on it's own. The chicks adapt really well to hobbles and have no trouble getting around. Be careful about drowning though, they cannot get out if they fall in the waterer.

How do you tell if the chick has an. Internal pip
They cheep at you.

I hatched 9 out of 36, only 2 undeveloped, 1 tripped and broke 6 when I was bringing them to my broody (lucky her, she only had to sit for 4 days). My humidity would not rise, so I believe that is my problem for this hatch.

Back
Top Bottom