The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

Well it's a puzzling day here I keep watch out for a pip next thing I see is a chick from an egg that didn't have a pip 30 minutes before!! Messing with me but already happy with the ones I have I have so far 6 EEs one Dom and 3 buffs and more on the way

I have a sweet story to share, my broodie mom who has chicks and more chicks and was still sitting on eggs, I guess she thought she had enough babies so I went late last night to check on everyone at about 11 pm before I went to bed, anyway eggs were everywhere but under mom, so I brought them in and the eggs were so,so cold. I went ahead and candled them one egg was so close to hatch, so in the bator they go and guess what I have a little miracle a beautiful yellow chick, and so hopefully the rest of the eggs will be hatching too but they will be after the HAL they are not quite there yet and a little worried cause I'm not turning eggs, but figure the babies will take care of that as they start to hatch. I candled the double yolker since I was in there and I fear there is no life, but it is still in there just in case they are sleeping. but I have had 2 bantam eggs hatch so for that are counted in the HAL knew the bantams would be early!!! Let the hatching begin!!! Pics to come

Still just the one out, but several more well on their way zipping like crazy. While I'm hovering over incubators DD and Maddy made these cakes. Too late for the edible Easter contest, but I still wanted to share.

Still just the one out, but several more well on their way zipping like crazy. While I'm hovering over incubators DD and Maddy made these cakes. Too late for the edible Easter contest, but I still wanted to share.

I love it. I should have taken a pic of the one I did for church, I filled the inside with jelly beans, robin eggs, m&m's and was hoping that when it was cut into it would make a mess, kids loved it but no mess, lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom