The 8th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!!!!

My hatching was pretty disappointing. I only had 1 duck (of 14) & 5 chicks (of 27)! Not sure what happened, but they were all alive at lockdown on Wednesday and dead by hatch day!

So sorry!
hugs.gif

Well, the good news is I had 32 chicks hatch! I set 37 eggs. I have noodles for brains and mis counted, somehow, every time I candled.
1f914.png
Anyway, I left all of them in there until the last chick hatched. The bad news, for me, is that while I waited for that last one to dry, my daughter accidentally unplugged the incubator sometime yesterday morning!! 6 of the chicks died!!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1 more died today, I'm assuming as a result of that as well. Talk about heart breaking!!

Well, the good news is I had 32 chicks hatch! I set 37 eggs. I have noodles for brains and mis counted, somehow, every time I candled.
1f914.png
Anyway, I left all of them in there until the last chick hatched. The bad news, for me, is that while I waited for that last one to dry, my daughter accidentally unplugged the incubator sometime yesterday morning!! 6 of the chicks died!!
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1 more died today, I'm assuming as a result of that as well. Talk about heart breaking!!

Oh no!

Final Count 16 backyard mix hatched of 32 set of those not hatched a few were not developed, a bunch were early quitters and a few were late quitters.

Back
Top Bottom