The African and Chinese goose thread!!

Pics
we have 6 new gals here. They are about a month old and this is one Gal's idea of drinking out of the pool.

Sissy is sitting on 12 eggs. We thought she would never go broody. She took one look at the gals outside one day and headed for her nest.
Our only issue we have is that our boys like to chase our gal goslings around, claiming everything as theirs. It's frustrating. Will they ever stop?

we have 6 new gals here. They are about a month old and this is one Gal's idea of drinking out of the pool.
Sissy is sitting on 12 eggs. We thought she would never go broody. She took one look at the gals outside one day and headed for her nest.
Our only issue we have is that our boys like to chase our gal goslings around, claiming everything as theirs. It's frustrating. Will they ever stop?
maybe they are wanting to be Papa to them? or are they wanting to mate?if they are causing a lot of stress to the goslings then you may want to think of keeping the boys separate from them until the girls are older.

Last edited:
Hi I'm a little confused. I have 2 african goslings and according to the hatcheries African and Chinese are different breeds. But here they are one in the same, so how do I know I have African or Chinese, and are they really the same or are they different breeds ?

They are different breeds. They are from the same species and a lot of people clump them together. There is the Chinese, Dewlap African and the hatchery African that does not have a dewlap and is between the 2 breeds in size. I'm not an expert, but that is what I have read.

Thank you flockman :)

Well here are my babies :) Gus & Greta. Gussy loves to be held and his neck rubbed. Every time I go outside he runs up to my legs and stands in the way till I pick him up then he cuddles. Its really funny. I can also sit down and call him with my arms out and he comes running. Gus & Greta even though they are only 5 weeks old are the flock leaders to our 2- 5 week old Rouens.

Here is my Gussy with our two rouens.

This is Greta, she's friendly but not as cuddly as Gus.

Thank you flockman :)

Well here are my babies :) Gus & Greta. Gussy loves to be held and his neck rubbed. Every time I go outside he runs up to my legs and stands in the way till I pick him up then he cuddles. Its really funny. I can also sit down and call him with my arms out and he comes running. Gus & Greta even though they are only 5 weeks old are the flock leaders to our 2- 5 week old Rouens.

Here is my Gussy with our two rouens.

This is Greta, she's friendly but not as cuddly as Gus.
Very pretty

Back
Top Bottom