The All Round Flock

Iceman23

Chirping
Jan 31, 2015
Hello everyone! Superbowl is today but, lets talk chickens! This is where you can come and ask and give advice and questions about any chicken. Personally i want to hear everyone's personal experience with these chickens:
Welsummer
Black Langshan
Blue Cochin
White Plymouth Rock
Speckled Sussex
Golden Campine

~Any advice on them, notes, or comments would love to hear. XD
GAME ON!
bun.gif
D.gif
woot.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
pop.gif

I love my Welsummers. I keep a Welsummer Roo with my hens. Both roosters that I've had have been protective of their girls, but not overly aggressive. They lay a decent number of eggs that are so beautifully dark.
I have a few Speckled Sussex too. They're probably my second favorite. I just love how they look. They've been good layers too with pleasant personalities.

I had some welsummers once but didn't keep them long
how bout them patriots?
Whoot whoot! my Patriots won! i wa jumping and doing my happy dance like tom brady! jumped off the couch and did the exact same thing. Amnd i was thinking about the game wherre they so called "cheated." it was cold air, the balls could have deflated. My wheels in my bike deflate sometimes, why not a football. People need to stop pointing fingers. The teams don't provide the balls.... or is that wrong?

I love my Welsummers. I keep a Welsummer Roo with my hens. Both roosters that I've had have been protective of their girls, but not overly aggressive. They lay a decent number of eggs that are so beautifully dark.
I have a few Speckled Sussex too. They're probably my second favorite. I just love how they look. They've been good layers too with pleasant personalities.
Thats great. We arent allowed to have roosters, only hens....would you think Welsummer's are good show birds?

^^^I don't know anything about showing. However, when I was at the Canfield Fair this summer, I don't think there were any Welsummers. That's a pretty big county fair, so it gives you an idea how rare they are.
wow, i see. Thank you for the info.

Back
Top Bottom