The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
Very cool about your GFF roo. I have some from Mike Bean, and they have the dark red wattles and combs. I'm hoping to get a GFF roo to hopefully improve my hens. The hens seem to be blacker. All have the beautiful blue/green sheen. These birds seem a lot more "feral" than my other birds. I haven't read through the whole thread on cemanis yet, so maybe this has been discussed to death! I'm so glad I discovered the thread today ... I'd to include some pix of my birds in case anyone is interested, so will try that soon!

Very cool about your GFF roo. I have some from Mike Bean, and they have the dark red wattles and combs. I'm hoping to get a GFF roo to hopefully improve my hens. The hens seem to be blacker. All have the beautiful blue/green sheen. These birds seem a lot more "feral" than my other birds. I haven't read through the whole thread on cemanis yet, so maybe this has been discussed to death! I'm so glad I discovered the thread today ... I'd to include some pix of my birds in case anyone is interested, so will try that soon!
Id love to see pics :)

Ditto me as well
Id love to see pics
smile.png
thumbsup.gif
Me too

A cull bird is worth soaking in milk to make it a little tender then off to the frying pan, LOL

I don't sell any culled birds myself, if they aren't good enough that I would use them to improve my lines or good enough to greatly improve someone else's then they will be culled. There is enough of them out there right now being sold that should be culled as it is. It won't take long for people to realize who culls their birds to improve their lines and who is out there selling every single chick that pops out.

VERY happy to hear this.

Not all are so professional and expect to sell their culls for good $$

VERY happy to hear this.

Not all are so professional and expect to sell their culls for good $$

The people we have to worry about are the flippers. They buy birds from a breeder for $150 and then suddenly turn around and try to sell them for $500 at auction. They have no intention on breeding them to improve them.

Edit: After reading this, I didn't want anyone to think I was picking on one specific breeder. I think there are probably buyers out there that are buying Cemani from other Cemani breeders and turning around and flipping them as well. I had one such buyer. Once I realized that she was a flipper, I quoted her $10,000 for a trio.

Last edited:
I know you guys like to keep your Cemani as pure as possible. But have any of you thought of ever crossing a Bresse with cemani to get a pure white feather bird with dark cemani skin, meat, etc features as an experiment? I think it would be cool
smile.png

I know you guys like to keep your Cemani as pure as possible. But have any of you thought of ever crossing a Bresse with cemani to get a pure white feather bird with dark cemani skin, meat, etc features as an experiment? I think it would be cool :)

My splash Fm birds are really striking --- not completely white, of course, but mostly white : )

There is nothing wrong with crossing breeds for your own personal enjoyment and backyard flock. Don't jump to conclusions about the intent of the question posted.

thumbsup.gif
Thank you, cross breeding for personal use/enjoyment was the only intent, not for resale to others and claiming to be a real cemani with white feathers. Though I think all white feather Cemani does occur naturally once in a while from Cemani X Cemani breeding too?

My splash Fm birds are really striking --- not completely white, of course, but mostly white : )

I've seen your splash birds in your post in the B/S/T section. They are very gorgeous birds as well
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom