The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
OK - I cracked 4 so far (probably all I can bear to do just this minute! :) This is the same photo unretouched and converted to black and white with contrast boosted. I THINK at least the center right egg (at 3:00) is fertile? Your thoughts???
They're all fertile. Awesome :) if they weren't fertile they would just be a tiny pinpoint dot.

They're all fertile. Awesome
smile.png
if they weren't fertile they would just be a tiny pinpoint dot.
Chickengirl1304 is right. I looked at the photos again on a real monitor and not my phone. All look fertile. Congrats.

I am the owner of a little Cemani flock that I acquired from Mike (The Smithsonian line) that I absolutely love love love. I recently ordered a batch of expensive hatching eggs from an eBay seller named iso-mik that supposedly came from the Cemani Farms line in order to have more than one blood line to work with. I am attempting to perfect my little flock and wanted a second bloodline to work with. I was very excited about this purchase until I asked how old the eggs were after paying for them. I was told that they were 10 days old, but stored in a way that made that OK. I am not certain that there is a way that makes 10 days before shipped OK, but will give him the benefit of the doubt. Then I received my eggs. I candled my eggs upon unpacking to check for tiny cracks or pin holes from shipping, and there were several pin holes in a couple of the eggs. This I do not hold against the seller as it could have possibly happened in shipping, although I have never had it happen before. What was drastically alarming though were the hugest air cells I have ever seen in an egg before. Larger than my store bought eggs that I use to cook with which we all know can be at least a month old before you even get them. I contacted the seller and explained the air cell size, and asked if he mistakenly sent me the wrong eggs because these were old eggs, he then told me that the eggs were only 7 days old when shipped and that I would be satisfied when they hatched. So we went from they were 10 days old when shipped to they were 7 days old when shipped. I thought maybe he made a mistake or misspoke the first time I asked how old the eggs were and again gave him the benefit of the doubt. Well here we are 20 days later and not a single vein developed. I would even have been satisfied with no chicks, but partially developed eggs as a sign that they were at least fertile. I know it is my fault for ordering eggs from a new seller on eBay with very little feedback, and am not writing this post to complain or even be gripey. I am writing this post to warn others to make sure that the people you order eggs from are legitimate. I have contacted this seller and asked them to help me resolve the issue. If I have a positive experience with him in the future on this matter I will update the post to let everyone know that he is a legitimate seller, otherwise assume he is not and do not order eggs from this particular seller on eBay (ISO-MIK). He is currently selling Laughing Chicken Eggs on eBay now for like $300 or something close to it.

I am the owner of a little Cemani flock that I acquired from Mike (The Smithsonian line) that I absolutely love love love.  I recently ordered a batch of expensive hatching eggs from an eBay seller named iso-mik that supposedly came from the Cemani Farms line in order to have more than one blood line to work with.  I am attempting to perfect my little flock and wanted a second bloodline to work with.  I was very excited about this purchase until I asked how old the eggs were after paying for them.  I was told that they were 10 days old, but stored in a way that made that OK.  I am not certain that there is a way that makes 10 days before shipped OK, but will give him the benefit of the doubt.  Then I received my eggs.  I candled my eggs upon unpacking to check for tiny cracks or pin holes from shipping, and there were several pin holes in a couple of the eggs.  This I do not hold against the seller as it could have possibly happened in shipping, although I have never had it happen before.  What was drastically alarming though were the hugest air cells I have ever seen in an egg before.  Larger than my store bought eggs that I use to cook with which we all know can be at least a month old before you even get them.  I contacted the seller and explained the air cell size, and asked if he mistakenly sent me the wrong eggs because these were old eggs, he then told me that the eggs were only 7 days old when shipped and that I would be satisfied when they hatched.  So we went from they were 10 days old when shipped to they were 7 days old when shipped.  I thought maybe he made a mistake or misspoke the first time I asked how old the eggs were and again gave him the benefit of the doubt.  Well here we are 20 days later and not a single vein developed.  I would even have been satisfied with no chicks, but partially developed eggs as a sign that they were at least fertile.  I know it is my fault for ordering eggs from a new seller on eBay with very little feedback, and am not writing this post to complain or even be gripey.  I am writing this post to warn others to make sure that the people you order eggs from are legitimate.  I have contacted this seller and asked them to help me resolve the issue.  If I have a positive experience with him in the future on this matter I will update the post to let everyone know that he is a legitimate seller, otherwise assume he is not and do not order eggs from this particular seller on eBay (ISO-MIK).  He is currently selling Laughing Chicken Eggs on eBay now for like $300 or something close to it.  

Well, it's illegal to import birds from cemani farms since he is in Indonesia.
So that's one concern.
The other concern is that none of the pictures he uses on the ads are of his actual stock - they are from various internet sources.
Even 7 days at the time of shipping is pretty old, I would've asked for a refund.
He is probably hoping the grace period from Paypal runs out (30 days from
Purchase) so that you can't file for a refund. If you do, Paypal almost always will refund

I am the owner of a little Cemani flock that I acquired from Mike (The Smithsonian line) that I absolutely love love love. I recently ordered a batch of expensive hatching eggs from an eBay seller named iso-mik that supposedly came from the Cemani Farms line in order to have more than one blood line to work with. I am attempting to perfect my little flock and wanted a second bloodline to work with. I was very excited about this purchase until I asked how old the eggs were after paying for them. I was told that they were 10 days old, but stored in a way that made that OK. I am not certain that there is a way that makes 10 days before shipped OK, but will give him the benefit of the doubt. Then I received my eggs. I candled my eggs upon unpacking to check for tiny cracks or pin holes from shipping, and there were several pin holes in a couple of the eggs. This I do not hold against the seller as it could have possibly happened in shipping, although I have never had it happen before. What was drastically alarming though were the hugest air cells I have ever seen in an egg before. Larger than my store bought eggs that I use to cook with which we all know can be at least a month old before you even get them. I contacted the seller and explained the air cell size, and asked if he mistakenly sent me the wrong eggs because these were old eggs, he then told me that the eggs were only 7 days old when shipped and that I would be satisfied when they hatched. So we went from they were 10 days old when shipped to they were 7 days old when shipped. I thought maybe he made a mistake or misspoke the first time I asked how old the eggs were and again gave him the benefit of the doubt. Well here we are 20 days later and not a single vein developed. I would even have been satisfied with no chicks, but partially developed eggs as a sign that they were at least fertile. I know it is my fault for ordering eggs from a new seller on eBay with very little feedback, and am not writing this post to complain or even be gripey. I am writing this post to warn others to make sure that the people you order eggs from are legitimate. I have contacted this seller and asked them to help me resolve the issue. If I have a positive experience with him in the future on this matter I will update the post to let everyone know that he is a legitimate seller, otherwise assume he is not and do not order eggs from this particular seller on eBay (ISO-MIK). He is currently selling Laughing Chicken Eggs on eBay now for like $300 or something close to it.
Sounds like previously incubated eggs. Unfortunately there is a plague of sellers that incubate expensive eggs. Then if they don't develop within the first three days, they try to resell them on eBay. Sorry.

He said his line was from Cemani Farms, I assumed he had his flock legally imported from there. I guess I should have asked more clearly how he obtained the flock, because I do not want illegally imported eggs. It is sad how easily illegal eggs are to be imported. I wish there was a way to report it, but I guess that really wouldn't do any one any good. I know that I was an idiot for ordering the eggs in the first place LOL. I only posted this post to make sure that there is no one else that orders from this man in the future. He is clearly not legitimate, and am not even sure the eggs I received were Cemani in my opinion. I didn't realize the pictures were from elsewhere until I started looking at the Cemani Farms website that he mentioned in his add. Oh well, hopefully my experience will deter others from making the same mistake. If it seems to be too good to be true, it is! I still have 11 days to report him to paypal at least. Thanks for the reply, I thought my time with paypal was only 2 weeks.

That is the same seller that posted on the closed Cemani thread( I think goes by the name "sunsetvalley?"), that had hatched some light/white feather TM chicks and was backed by TM. She said that Cemani can hatch with light feathers, but will eventually molt them out to all black. Maybe s/he had the early birds from TM, that's why that seller's birds aren't prefect?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/65273/ayam-cemani/430
read page 44 & 45
Anyone know who is selling the cemanis On rare bred auctions? The pictures are familiar but not sure where they were posted before. Maybe here, maybe ebay?
Thanks!

http://www.rarebreedauctions.com/au...to-many-hens-npip-certified&auction_id=123204

Is that seller from Oregon?

Back
Top Bottom