The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
Yes they're laying and hatching some this weekend!

Cool, pics would be greatly appreciated
big_smile.png

Last edited:
They are so beautiful chickengirl1304!! What are phuphan? I'm obsessed with fm chicken breeds. I only have mike bean's non Smithson line of ayam cemani, but am getting svart honas, ayam cemani & smithies from dcchicken in the spring hopefully, and hmong from bluenkimchi hopefully... my 2 ac roos are going to get the decrowing surgery in 2 weeks from a local chicken lover/vet dretd that I have a semi-quieted rooster from.

My neighbors love my chickens and I love my roos, and am so happy I can keep the ones I want for breeding in my urban area, otherwise I would not be able to even think about breeding. At a certain point with so many breeds and roos, the constant crowing could get annoying to some, and I would hate to make my neighbors unhappy with the noise coming from my yard .

Are phuphan also fibromelanistic?

These are Ka Dam phuphan https://th-th.facebook.com/KaidamPhuphan.SakolNakhon

http://www.rakbankerd.com/agriculture/page.php?id=2142&s=tblareablog

Ka Dam phupan are a cross of Thai game fowls and some kind of Chinese Fm breed(might be the Yunnan silky?) originating/created in/from Thailand. They can have single, pea, walnut combs or anything in between that. Most often having a game body type. The most popular colors are solid white & black, but can come in others too, black red, grey, birchen etc.

Last edited:
Does anyone have phuphan here available for sale in the us? I asked my wonderful bf for 2 incubators for Christmas and other better brooder stuff and possibly to pay part of my spring chick order from dcchicken, kerstiens, Maranfarmer563 or bcmaraniac and if bluenkimchi has hmongs or anyone has other interesting chickens/turkeys/quail/muscovies. I want to breed a bigger, faster growing fm dp meat chicken that lays blue eggs possibly ameracuna, araucauna, and any other ideas besides ccl?

Caponizing equipment ships Monday, phew! Now I have to start putting a fire under my bf's behind to get the new coop and run at least started, b/c 'Winter is coming'.

Winter is coming 25 this morning. Got half my roof tore off yesterday and reframed. Plywood and shingles today. Last years heavy snow did a job on my roof breaking rafters. The chickens seemed to be interested in all the work going on in their coop.

1. My main line started as Toni-Marie Astin. But at this point, I have culled and made so many generations down the line that I won't call it her line anymore. I made choices she may or may not have made. So in all fairness, I now refer to that line as my line. They have improved quite dramatically.

I thought you obtained these last year? How is that at all possible? They need at least 1/4 to 1/2 a year to breed? Generally speaking folks say you need to do about 5 gens to really call anything your own. This sounds off.

I sold off my Bean and Toni-Marie birds and my breeding Legbars so I wish you all luck with your chicken endeavors. I still have a nice looking flock of laying Marans, Legbars and Bresse and plan on keeping it varied but looking to put my MFA to work and get back into showing my art work. I'll be lurking around I'm sure but very happy with the time I managed to get back for other things. Take care all.

There sure are a lot of people that are getting out of Cemani breeding. Maybe they thought they had found a get rich quick scheme? We all now that very few will make any money with this breeding. It takes dedication and hard work. And lots of culling with every generation. I guess we should expect quite a few people exiting from this breed once they find out that Cemani are not cash cows. I am proud to say that last week I hatched out my 4th generation of my Ayam Cemani line.

I guess the 5th generation will have to wait until 2015 because this little girl won't be laying until the end of January. I think this generation may be the first one I don't have to cull so heavily.

This last hatch will also be my last Cemani hatch for the year. I have two more incubators full of my Marsh Daisy eggs and then it is time to shut down the incubator and finally relax.

I've spoken to a LOT of folks since I decided to stop breeding chickens and sell off all my breeding flocks and the Cemani worry folks for several reasons so think the broad cash cow label seems a bit self righteous. I shall miss my Legbars and was looking forward to the challenge of the Cemani but I have an education for a talent I've invested a lot in that I need to put to better use and need the time back. I shall not miss the self important braggadocio that happens with this hobby at all. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom