The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
I'm glad that I have gotten into the breed in the way I have, as it's a learning curve.

Plus I have to learn to caponize and the vet learning decrowing. So to be able to practice on the lesser quality lines first has been beneficial to me in that sense. I'm new to chickens anyways, so to have access to these breeds and people who know far more than I do is wonderful.

I will probably be phasing out my egg laying flock to concentrate on white bresse, fibromelanistic chickens and a black meat chicken project, along with muscovy ducks as it does take a lot of observation from my pov anyways to make these decisions and get familiar with the different nuances. I'm guessing here, that the line I have now only carries 1 fm gene in the roos, as their skin is not all dark everywhere. I'm going to find out more this weekend when they go to get decrowed.

I am looking for a cemani rooster with a black toung, comb, and toes. If anyone has on available please pm me with price. Prefer over 4 months so at the same age as my girls.

Caponizing equipment ships Monday, phew! Now I have to start putting a fire under my bf's behind to get the new coop and run at least started, b/c 'Winter is coming'.[/quote]

Woohoo! and BOOO! All in the same paragraph...:)

2 roos go for decrowing surgery this weekend. Tomorrow I may end up bringing home my friend's cemani rooster to caponize. We'll see.

Caponizing equipment is in, we plan to try on Sunday. We're going to the chicken swap tomorrow to pick up more roos to practice on. Out of my last 6 haffies, I suspect only 1 is a pullet.

Out of my last 6 haffies, I suspect only 1 is a pullet.[/quote]

That is too familiar... out of my five I have, I can only be 'certain' that I, too, have one pullet! Will send pic to see if you see the same as I do.

For those of you on here that are interested, I am offering a chance to win free Svart Hona hatching eggs on my Facebook Farm Page. Just search for Ewe Crazy Farms in the search box on Facebook to find it :)

Last edited:
Yay!! Idk if I can wait until spring for svart honas! Agh!! And my friend was saying today her incubators are empty and we're talking about maybe getting 25 white bresse hatching eggs off rare breed auctions, but I'd much rather hatch svart honas!

Yay!! Idk if I can wait until spring for svart honas! Agh!! And my friend was saying today her incubators are empty and we're talking about maybe getting 25 white bresse hatching eggs off rare breed auctions, but I'd much rather hatch svart honas!
I've got 6 White Bresse Pullets. They are laying 4 or 5 eggs a day.

Back
Top Bottom