The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
I'm not worried about competition at all, but I'm not going to invest a lot into chicks that I know are culls, and then have to deal with them once they get older when I already know the their outcome. I have tried in the past with other breeds to rehome them just as pets, or to be process to only have them used for breeding. So for me, and it may not be for everyone, culling at hatch works. There are already enough bad ones out there being sold and breed for me to add to it or take a change of someone breeding my culls. I just don't see wasting money on feeding something that I will cull when it gets older.

I'm not worried about competition at all, but I'm not going to invest a lot into chicks that I know are culls, and then have to deal with them once they get older when I already know the their outcome. I have tried in the past with other breeds to rehome them just as pets, or to be process to only have them used for breeding. So for me, and it may not be for everyone, culling at hatch works. There are already enough bad ones out there being sold and breed for me to add to it or take a change of someone breeding my culls. I just don't see wasting money on feeding something that I will cull when it gets older.
I just looked at your facebook page and your birds are impressive, you should be proud.

I just looked at your facebook page and your birds are impressive, you should be proud.

Thanks,
I need to take some pictures of some of the my birds from this years hatch and post. Just finding the time to do it is the key, since it can take time getting them to be still long enough for me to take pictures.

Thanks,
I need to take some pictures of some of the my birds from this years hatch and post. Just finding the time to do it is the key, since it can take time getting them to be still long enough for me to take pictures.
Randy does have some nice birds. I agree that Cemani are difficult to photograph. I have learned that you can't use an iPhone at all. The image sensor on that camera is tune to human flesh. So it makes the birds look lighter colored than in real life. Standalone cameras seem to have better images.

Randy does have some nice birds.  I agree that Cemani are difficult to photograph.  I have learned that you can't use an iPhone at all.  The image sensor on that camera is tune to human flesh.  So it makes the birds look lighter colored than in real life.  Standalone cameras seem to have better images.

I Agree. And also you have to have the right lighting or it is hard to get good detail with them being so black. Plus I notice that I have to watch talking pics, because, I have had their neck feathers to reflect light or some to where it looks like they have white feathers on their necks, when indeed they are solid black.

I Agree. And also you have to have the right lighting or it is hard to get good detail with them being so black. Plus I notice that I have to watch talking pics, because, I have had their neck feathers to reflect light or some to where it looks like they have white feathers on their necks, when indeed they are solid black.
Here is an example of how bad the iPhone is for taking photos of Cemani.

Notice how it tried to blow out the background to compensate as it was trying to look for gray to focus. The effect is that it lightens everything in the photo trying to make the skin color look more neutral toned. Even the color of the wood has been altered by the image sensor.

I don't think this poor little pullet was too amused considering that it was in the mid 20s today.

I will try to get a picture with a better camera in a day or so to show the difference.

Here is an example of how bad the iPhone is for taking photos of Cemani. Notice how it tried to blow out the background to compensate as it was trying to look for gray to focus. The effect is that it lightens everything in the photo trying to make the skin color look more neutral toned. Even the color of the wood has been altered by the image sensor. I don't think this poor little pullet was too amused considering that it was in the mid 20s today. I will try to get a picture with a better camera in a day or so to show the difference.
I agree. Not the 1st time I have disliked my iPhone! I miss using my digital camera!
Thanks to everyone posting pics. Love them!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom