The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

You know i think you lurk here as much as i do......however i clearly have a problem. OH told me today i have a serious problem and asked if i needed some help (hatachaholics annon)

I do! I grew up on a farm and then spent my young adult years "finding myself" in the big city. I'm finally coming back to my roots, and its all I can think about... I want to start my own hobby farm SO bad. And have lots and lots of chickens, maybe my own dedicated breeding pens and start a couple projects one day and be a chicken genius like the rest of you. :)

I am a total hatchaholic. It doesn't help that my extended family are all serious enablers, always in need of flock replenishment... so I love hatching eggs for them! I hold back my favorites here and there for my own backyard flock.

Do you have any eggs in the incubator currently, Morgan? I have been hearing about extremely cold temperatures. I'm lucky to be experiencing a very mild winter here on the West Coast, but what has it been like in Missouri?

My favorite thing about the Ayam Cemani is the black meat and bones. I think that's fascinating. I don't know a whole lot about chicken genetics, but I think it's awesome.

Last edited:
I do! I grew up on a farm and then spent my young adult years "finding myself" in the big city. I'm finally coming back to my roots, and its all I can think about... I want to start my own hobby farm SO bad. And have lots and lots of chickens, maybe my own dedicated breeding pens and start a couple projects one day and be a chicken genius like the rest of you. :)

I am a total hatchaholic. It doesn't help that my extended family are all serious enablers, always in need of flock replenishment... so I love hatching eggs for them! I hold back my favorites here and there for my own backyard flock.

Do you have any eggs in the incubator currently, Morgan? I have been hearing about extremely cold temperatures. I'm lucky to be experiencing a very mild winter here on the West Coast, but what has it been like in Missouri?

My favorite thing about the Ayam Cemani is the black meat and bones. I think that's fascinating. I don't know a whole lot about chicken genetics, but I think it's awesome.
Mi - Michigan
hide.gif
big_smile.png

It has been cold but only the past 2-3 weeks or so. Now when i say cold i mean like on days where it says upper teens and lower 20s we are happy people. i do have eggs in the bator right now, the bator has been running constantly for the last 50+ days now.

In the bator atm are:

EEs
OE
Iowa Blue
Frizzle Cochin
F2 Barred Buff

And some mystery eggs

Pure possibles:
EE
Silkie
Ameraucana

Cross possibles:
Swedish Flower
Appezeller Spithauben
Black Copper Maran
Brahma
and i dont even know what else. The lady has 5 coops and over 50 chickens, some are pure coops and one is a mixed coop. No idea what eggs are what aside from egg color and size.

i also have Black Java, F1 OE, BCM, F2 OE, Mille Fleur and Porcelain D'uccle comming in the next couple weeks and whatever else i stumble across and this weekend getting more eggs from the lady with the mystery eggs.

Mi - Michigan:oops:  :D

It has been cold but only the past 2-3 weeks or so. Now when i say cold i mean like on days where it says upper teens and lower 20s we are happy people. i do have eggs in the bator right now, the bator has been running constantly for the last 50+ days now.

In the bator atm are:

EEs
OE
Iowa Blue
Frizzle Cochin
F2 Barred Buff

And some mystery eggs

Pure possibles:
EE
Silkie
Ameraucana

Cross possibles:
Swedish Flower
Appezeller Spithauben
Black Copper Maran
Brahma
and i dont even know what else. The lady has 5 coops and over 50 chickens, some are pure coops and one is a mixed coop. No idea what eggs are what aside from egg color and size.

i also have Black Java, F1 OE, BCM, F2 OE, Mille Fleur and Porcelain D'uccle comming in the next couple weeks and whatever else i stumble across and this weekend getting more eggs from the lady with the mystery eggs.

Do you happen to sell cemani? Your the only person I've found so far who is also in Michigan :)

Mi - Michigan
hide.gif
big_smile.png

THAT IS AWESOME! How much land do you live on?

Do you have chicks hatching pretty much every day? LOL

Is your house full of PEEPING? :)

Do you happen to sell cemani? Your the only person I've found so far who is also in Michigan
smile.png
i do not yet i am waiting until it is slightly warmer before i order my eggs to hatch for cemani and svart hona. i can sell you day old if you like.
THAT IS AWESOME! How much land do you live on?

Do you have chicks hatching pretty much every day? LOL

Is your house full of PEEPING? :)
i live on 3 acres right now, the only animals there are the chicken, rabbits, dogs, and guinea pigs though...goats and horses live someplace else. No chicks dont hatch daily, i usually get them in groups so that i will have these 9 hatching on that day and those 10 hatching on this other day. Not much peeping only 5 chicks in the brooder right now, i sell extras and most of the breeds i have in the bator i only want trio's of or a pair of trio's.

I would think they would taste almost identical since you can barely tell the difference appearance-wise.

I just recently put it on my Bucket List to eat one in my lifetime.
big_smile.png
I mean c'mon. I love baby chicks and having a few selected chickens as "pets", but I love love love me some chicken.

Last edited:
I just culled my roos yesterday to make room for better lines lol. I will let you know how these guys taste in about a month, when I might be ready to eat chicken again.

Back
Top Bottom