The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

I now have my tm/ggf mix pair from Randy... by late fall I will incubate and hatch out the official H&H line.... woooohooooo

Here are some random pictures of remaining 2nd Gen winter run cemanis still for sale...

I now have my tm/ggf mix pair from Randy... by late fall I will incubate and hatch out the official H&H line.... woooohooooo

Here are some random pictures of remaining 2nd Gen winter run cemanis still for sale...

Technically its not really your line untill you have line bred it for several generations with your eye tward quality. For instance if someone buys your first generation crosses they can start their own line saying they started with a cross of what ever you crossed them from. In a few generations with their eye they could be very different birds from your "line".

Just wanted to post my trio I plan on putting together to start my breeding for betterment of the breed. (Just waitjg til my Roo gets his all clear from the vet in 2 weeks, don't want to breed any health defects) Do look good enough to go forth with?
Roo is GFF (4.5 months) and hens are Toni Marie (5 months)

Not mine, just sharing. But this is what I called the real deal. And sorry, can't say name of person who owns them.

Note the body structure, feather type ect and over all look?

Not mine, just sharing. But this is what I called the real deal. And sorry, can't say name of person who owns them. Note the body structure, feather type ect and over all look? .
Except many people on here are also on the AC FB page and have seen the bottom picture posted by the owner. She has several pictures of her stock posted on that site. :)

That's good......Compare hers to the other one you see called cemani in the US and you can't really compare, except their black plumage ;).............that is all i'll say.....................

Last edited:
That's good......Compare hers to the other one you see called cemani in the US and you can't really compare, except their black plumage ;).............that is all i'll say.....................

Yes hers have unique type to them. She posted how she got them. Honestly it sounds a bit fishy and the legality of it could be questioned by many but I'm certainly not one that cares enough to investigate lol. The fact that you don't want to speak of it kinda supports my theories.

Yes hers have unique type to them. She posted how she got them. Honestly it sounds a bit fishy and the legality of it could be questioned by many but I'm certainly not one that cares enough to investigate lol. The fact that you don't want to speak of it kinda supports my theories.

TMA brought AC in years ago, yet very few of us were aware they were already in the US before GFF also imported. It is quite possible that TMA was not the only importer, and also not the only importer to bring them in for personal reasons. While I understand people don't want to get succored into a scam, I don't believe every person who owns AC should have to provide a paper trail tracing their birds back to only the well know importers. I voiced my opinion before that we need to stop disparaging people. If you suspect the origins of her birds, take it up with her. If you have proof, show it. Speculation will only shut down sharing of knowledge and experience, and perhaps sharing of birds, too. So please leave those posts out.

Yes, hers have a unique type to them, the correct type. AC are supposed to look gamey. And remember those are still young birds. Wait until they mature more and you'll see they are more correct than GFF. I don't think GFF have correct type. TMA have good type, but they are smaller than I prefer. I'm crossing my two lines and will be selecting birds for color, size and type.

I don't have Cemani , I am just a lurker here, I follow along on this thread since the breed really does interest me. I will admit this thread isn't my favorite to read since it seems to lack a lot of the breed discussions I was hoping for. I was hoping there would be more talk of size, type, correct combs, egg laying ability, and individual breeding plans etc as well as the black coloration. I hope you all continue to discuss the breedings of these birds and share your results. I would be interested to hear about individual pairings and why you chose to pair each bird with another and what your hopes are for their offspring. I don't know much about these birds and I don't have plans to raise them but I am excited to learn more about the progression you are all making.

Last edited:
TMA brought AC in years ago, yet very few of us were aware they were already in the US before GFF also imported.  It is quite possible that TMA was not the only importer, and also not the only importer to bring them in for personal reasons.  While I understand people don't want to get succored into a scam, I don't believe every person who owns AC should have to provide a paper trail tracing their birds back to only the well know importers.  I voiced my opinion before that we need to stop disparaging people.  If you suspect the origins of her birds, take it up with her.  If you have proof, show it. Speculation will only shut down sharing of knowledge and experience, and perhaps sharing of birds, too.  So please leave those posts out.

Yes, hers have a unique type to them, the correct type.  AC are supposed to look gamey.  And remember those are still young birds.  Wait until they mature more and you'll see they are more correct than GFF.  I don't think GFF have correct type.  TMA have good type, but they are smaller than I prefer.  I'm crossing my two lines and will be selecting birds for color, size and type.

I don't need to see a paper trail because it's none of my business nor did I ask for one. I truly am not concerned with how she got then. I assume it's legal. I simply stated it's easy to read their 'cryptic-ness' when they've made a post stating 'that's all I'll say..... ;)' that raises questions but again I don't really care either way. That was a gross overreaction to my post.

I like her birds type. They are beautiful. Nothing like my GFF or TMA lines.

Back
Top Bottom