The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

We woke up to the pipped egg zipping out and she's (dd's hoping it's a pullet) out!
The other five eggs do not have pips yet, but we put them in on Sat. evening 3 weeks ago, so we have time yet for others to follow! We have to leave in just a little bit for most of the day... so hard to go when things might be happening!

We are having a phenomenal hatch! The little guy above hatched about 30 minutes after we woke up this morning. Then we came home from DD's Rabbit Judging Meet to find TWO MORE chicks had hatched! One, EightBall, is very black like the little guy, Salem, above. The other one, Domino, has a lot of yellow, mostly yellow legs and a red comb. Definitely not to standards but dd thinks he/she is adorable nonetheless. AND it looks like one more is pipping (very hard to tell initially in our incubator as the walls are not real clear). So that's 3 chicks, and a possible 4th pipping out of just 6 shipped eggs! AND we're at high altitude which makes it all the more amazing to us! And we're still on Day 21 so there's time for the others to still do something, too! DD was hoping beyond hope at least one would hatch so three out of six so far has her over the moon! THANK YOU, CANDACE!!!
Pic below:

I wanted to add that this only our 2nd attempt at hatching and we have a not very expensive incubator from Amazon (the magicfly one, but it is labeled Janoel 12). We are so very happy with the results.

Last edited:
I have that same model too and they work eggcellent. I've hatched 5x in my Janoel 12. If you put fertile eggs in, it will hatch.

http://www.manizone.co.uk/magickal-horns-black-chicken-horns-ayam-p-2374.html
question...?...what is a cemani horn....am i missing something...also should be getting the cemani from gff this week...depending the conditions of our lovely cold climate...so pretty pumped...also getting honas from them...and shortly after that should be getting some from ewe crazy farms..thats gff and bryce..i cant wait...to see the birds in person i bet are totally different then in the pics...

http://www.manizone.co.uk/magickal-horns-black-chicken-horns-ayam-p-2374.html
question...?...what is a cemani horn....am i missing something...also should be getting the cemani from gff this week...depending the conditions of our lovely cold climate...so pretty pumped...also getting honas from them...and shortly after that should be getting some from ewe crazy farms..thats gff and bryce..i cant wait...to see the birds in person i bet are totally different then in the pics...

Spurs, perhaps? Crazy ad. Thx for sharing. Thinking good thoughts for safe arrival of ur little black chicks!

Last edited:
The fact that you can buy "fossilized testicles" from animals from snakes to tigers makes the whole site seem suspicious. Where are they going to get all those fossils to order?

They look like jade to me.

As ayam Cemani do not have "horns" and they don't call the spurs It makes me wonder what exactly they are selling.

The fact that you can buy "fossilized testicles" from animals from snakes to tigers makes the whole site seem suspicious. Where are they going to get all those fossils to order?

They look like jade to me.

As ayam Cemani do not have "horns" and they don't call the spurs It makes me wonder what exactly they are selling.
And animal pearls... but don't worry, the animals are not harmed in the collecting - I guess they just hand them over?.... very odd....

yuckyuck.gif

Too funny!

I have two beautiful chicks fully dried off now, more on their way but I couldn't ask for more. I am so happy!

One is SUPER dark! The other, by contrast, has some white on him. Ironically, the baby with white on him has a black mouth (inside) and comb. Which is interesting, because the other dark one has a lighter mouth and less obvious comb. I can't wait to see what they grow out to look like. They're both Cemani enough for me! The little black and white one, I might name him Domino. He keeps rushing to my hand whenever I put it in the brooder, and is VERY calm. A silent hatcher that completely surprised me. The other dark black one, not so much! Banty Wyandotte and Cemani hatching right now. Those sleepy babies, taking their time!

Last edited:
yuckyuck.gif

Too funny!

I have two beautiful chicks fully dried off now, more on their way but I couldn't ask for more. I am so happy!

One is SUPER dark! The other, by contrast, has some white on him. Ironically, the baby with white on him has a black mouth (inside) and comb. Which is interesting, because the other dark one has a lighter mouth and less obvious comb. I can't wait to see what they grow out to look like. They're both Cemani enough for me! The little black and white one, I might name him Domino. He keeps rushing to my hand whenever I put it in the brooder, and is VERY calm. A silent hatcher that completely surprised me. The other dark black one, not so much! Banty Wyandotte and Cemani hatching right now. Those sleepy babies, taking their time!
That's too funny! DD named her dark ones that hatched today Salem and EightBall. She named the one that is black with a lot of yellow Domino! :) We're still watching the last three to see if they do anything (we thought one had pipped but it was a false alarm) but she is very happy with these three regardless!
We're at Day 21 this evening so we'll watch the other three for a couple of more days....

Back
Top Bottom