The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

ooo oooo I want too...
me me.... pick me....

Donkey!

lol!! One of my favorite movies.
big_smile.png

Ayam Cemani eggs on the left, Isabel Leghorn eggs on the right. The AC eggs were a couple of the larger ones I get, but not unusually large. My AC hens often provide eggs this size. The Leghorn eggs were average size for those hens. Their eggs are consistently around this same size.

i figure i would throw this out there..but as you know i got some fibro breeds....cemani/honas/hmong....and i gave some to the asian culture for rituals and when they butchered them they said the average silkie contained more black internal properties then the european imports to america with these expensive birds at several hundreds of dollars each....and trust me i killed at least a thousand dollars worth of birds just to see...any thoughts on y american imported all black birds would have less then all black qualities then just a regular 3 dollar silkie...i would like to know...thats for sure...all this hype on these birds and i have grown them and killed 90 percent what i have because they dont come out to my expectation of all black....so if you want all black birds....inside and out...whats the point on growing them when they dont come out all black....its been a great experience doing so...but when you spend thousands of dollars for a bird that is supposed to be all black...and every bird you kill isnt all black..whats the point...call me insane for doing such a task....but proof is proof...and when a certain importer that are the actuall importer cant even send me day olds that make it past the cull rate at a day old..and i have been told several months that they just didnt make it and they wont send me birds that arnt up to par...what happens to those birds...do you really think they kill them and not make the money...nope....they send them to the next person that doesnt have high expectations...and then they make their money.....then what hope do you have receiving these birds from them...no names mentioned...i have spent thousands of dollars for certain black breeds and most of them just end up in a garbage bag...or on a dinner plate....so what are you supposed to spend like 10k just to get an all black breeding pair...cause i would like to know...and certain importers wont even have the courtesy to even send you a legal import vs 9-3 even after they tell you for months that they are sending it....this might bite me in the butt for typing this..but i dont need to get into trouble for someone who is making hundreds of thousands of dollars in america on this breed from people because they dont want to do there job and send out the proper paperwork for me to have them...that is all i have to say...trying to legally obtain this breed has been a headache cost me thousands of dollars and is so not worth my time and effort...all because certain people are to lazy to send out a document...even after several email...which i can cut copy and paste and expose some of the largest breeders of this bird...and to show you all they care about is them getting the money and them not sending the birds legally to a different state... with that being said...well enough said.....maybe if people were striaght forward and honest people would understand this breed as well as other fibro birds are not something your going to get into and just yield black birds...cause if the importers stock cant produce all black birds then how do you as a bird person think your going to yeild a truly all black bird...dont mean to be a downer about this bird...but people need to know in a reality check...there has been several people that have sold this breed on here...and thru talking thru pm you find out they sell birds that are oiled up and manipulated to look dark and went recieving this bird their color wears off...so whats the image people are trying to sell...i have seen birds from people who post on here several times and quiet often...there birds all black...then couple months after the fact i see the bird which looks nothing like the original picture....i would love to post pics of before and after and emails and such but i am not that type of person....everyone can find out for themselves...and i wish the best for this breed however...i have no interest in the ayam cemani...it has been over played by america and unless you get the bird illegally your not going to get an all black bird...point blank...period...anyone wants to object be my guest...prove me wrong...and also include how many birds that were raised just to get that all black bird....some of the breeders that are producing this bird for the last few years still cant get an all black cemani...and if you can get an all black cemani inside and out...i want you to put your legal documents on how you obtained the bird...im just saying that...you cant...prove me wrong but you cant.

I agree... For the most part. This bird was sold to me and culled as soon as he was tame enough to catch and, thankfully, before the girls reached POL. A very expensive roast chicken. However, every generation is getting a little darker. It's just going to take YEARS to get there.

Back
Top Bottom