The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Feather leakage as well as mulberry in the comb can show at any age. An all black feathered bird at six weeks may still turn out to be a cull at five months due to feather leakage, mulberry comb, or other reasons. Culling is an ongoing continuous process throughout the life of the bird. I have a mature rooster that will be "culled" this fall because his legs are shorter than I like. I may have a potential buyer for him already, but if that doesn't work out, he will be put on the market for $1,000.

UPDATE:
I just wanted to report that those two Americauna/Cemani mixes I recently hatched 4 weeks ago, are turning even a darker blue now!
Almost purple!

3 days old

Today

The Cockrell is showing a lace tip like pattern with purple highlights...

This mix looking pretty cool...

What do you guys think?

Thanks...

They are flighty as hell though.

Hopefully this color change will continue to darken with age.
I may have created a Purple Chicken!

I am hatching out a few more of that mix...just in case...

I have a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana rooster over one laying Ayam Cemani. The eggs are hatching dark black chicks (from head to toe-even black toenails). As they grow, they turn more and more purplish... and lay greenish eggs. They're quite gorgeous.

Last edited:
I have a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana rooster over one laying Ayam Cemani. The eggs are hatching dark black chicks (from head to toe-even black toenails). As they grow, they turn more and more purplish... and lay greenish eggs. They're quite gorgeous.

you might want to put a cemani rooster over her, you wont get the green eggs but at least you will have the cemani traits every body wants. on the other hand I would love a fibro green egg layer. sounds like isbars

All of these breeders with great projects going on.. And I'm just sitting here trying to get Cemani right :/

Ha ha ha...
I'm doing both...

As for my experiments:
I simply need to restock my normal egglayers and I happen to have a cemani roo.... sooooo...

Let's just see....

Hello.... pictures....

Back
Top Bottom