The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

If you look at the picture of the cockerel on cemani farms' Live Stock page, a farm that is in Indonesia (and is probably where these birds were illegally imported from since they will ship anywhere in the world with no permits) you can clearly see he has a green sheen in his tail and throughout his body. That's a bird in Indonesia from an Indonesian breeder. So :confused:

Yep, that's like what I had seen before... but before I got to that pic, I noticed the pic on their homepage...

I can see no obvious differences between that broody hen and the 2 I have sitting out in my own coop... save one... she obviously has a bad case of feather lice... if that's the look that is supposed to be 'pure', I think I'll pass and be quite content with our available stock...

Hi everyone. Just jumping in to listen and learn. Used to follow this thread, but now that I have a few Cemani chicks, I think I'd better go back and read the whole thing again.

Any other suggestions on other threads to follow, articles to read or groups to join? I know very little about them except the goal is to be all black. So much to learn.

Hi everyone. Just jumping in to listen and learn. Used to follow this thread, but now that I have a few Cemani chicks, I think I'd better go back and read the whole thing again.

Any other suggestions on other threads to follow, articles to read or groups to join? I know very little about them except the goal is to be all black. So much to learn.

Welcome!

Hi everyone.  Just jumping in to listen and learn.  Used to follow this thread, but now that I have a few Cemani chicks, I think I'd better go back and read the whole thing again.

Any other suggestions on other threads to follow, articles to read or groups to join?  I know very little about them except the goal is to be all black. So much to learn.

I don't know if you ever get on Facebook but there's a nice group you can join [closed group]. They're working together towards a specific type and trying to define SOP to eventually get them recognized by the APA.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AyamCemaniBreedersAssociation/

I don't know if you ever get on Facebook but there's a nice group you can join [closed group]. They're working together towards a specific type and trying to define SOP to eventually get them recognized by the APA.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AyamCemaniBreedersAssociation/

Thank you so much!

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that link. Please someone let me know if it's against the rules so I can remove

:]

It's a link to a breed club, not a competing forum so I think it's ok.  (But if you want to delete it go ahead because I already sent in a join request. :lau ) Oh, and here are two of the ones with the darkest feet:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom