The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

The "horn" is probably like these 2 pics, but black. I don't know what causes the "horn" growth , but have seen a few pictures online and an actual one in person a long time ago when I was younger. My dad raised oriental Thai game fowls and one hen had a"horn" on top just like the pics above, but smaller. Sorry no pictures to prove it, so take what you will with that ;)

...................btw, that above bird is an oriental gamefowl stag/broodcock

Last edited:
@cjwaldon

First generation of our grow outs... most of them at least, lol...

I had 20+ AC eggs in the incubator and woke up to chirping this morning. I had 10 AC hatch last night. I am very happy with the hatch. So far, I only ended up with a couple of birds who have one toe that is not black. In my experience, usually these birds end up becoming all black by the end of their first molt. Sadly, they still cannot be used to breed. Here is a picture of two of my hens hanging out.

Ok I'm back sold out over a hundred fibros for freezer camp. Bummer those were good breeders to. Anyways thought I would say I'm about to set 100 fibro eggs. Shhhhh. Still haven't heard back from any university on the black dots theories. I will shoot them an email again soon.

Looking for opinions.....it is harder to breed out white toenails or mulberry wattles/face when choosing a rooster?

Boys show it more, hens seem to express better even when they hatch with white toe tips... go with your best, hatch everything you can from them and pick out the very best from those to replace your lesser stock with... mark the darkest chicks *at hatch*, then see what they grow out like... that's my advice at least, and what I'm doing myself... :)

Back
Top Bottom