The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Boys show it more, hens seem to express better even when they hatch with white toe tips... go with your best, hatch everything you can from them and pick out the very best from those to replace your lesser stock with... mark the darkest chicks *at hatch*, then see what they grow out like... that's my advice at least, and what I'm doing myself... :)

I have 3 males to choose from. The one with the mulberry face that I posted on cj's thread that looks good otherwise. Then the two 8 week olds, one all dark for now and the one that has white toes. Trying to figure out who to keep

I have 3 males to choose from. The one with the mulberry face that I posted on cj's thread that looks good otherwise. Then the two 8 week olds, one all dark for now and the one that has white toes. Trying to figure out who to keep

Keep 2... cull the white toes... at 8 weeks I don't see that changing... grow out the other dark one... breed the best after both mature... keep a backup...

Once I get eggs, any that hatch out all black will wear a black leg band and the pen color. Others will bear only the pen color.

Last edited:
Anybody in the tri state (New Jersey) area interested in this guy for a fibro project? I will post him on the NJ thread as well...

I'm thinking of using this little girl as a breeder once I get a quality male for her. I've done a full inspection and the only thing I wonder about is the tip of her beak. You can see from the pictures it's lighter at the tip. Her mouth is black on the inside.
All black bird even the skin under her wings. Black toenails, no leakage.

22 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom