The American Hollands Chicken Thread & Census

The American Hollands Chicken Census: Check each option that applies.

• We have Barred Hollands

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • We have White Hollands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We have layers only

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • We have less than 5 Breeders

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • We have 10 Breeders

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • We have 20 Breeders

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • We have 30 Breeders

• We have 40 Breeders

• We have 50 Breeders

• We have 60 Breeders

• We have 70 Breeders

• We have 80 Breeders

• We have 90 Breeders

• We have 100 Breeders

• We have 100-125 Breeders

• We have 125+ Breeders

• Our Barred Hollands are from Ideal Poultry Farms.

• Our Barred Hollands are from Duane Urch/Turnland.

• Our Barred Hollands are from Sandhill Preservation.

• Our Barred Hollands are from a private breeder.

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

Hello Everyone! I've been following the progress of this group and have been working on our own BH flock the past couple of years. I started with Ideal chicks and this year raised our own chicks from that stock. I also acquired hatching eggs from GracieMae and hatched out a rooster and a hen from that batch. Her eggs were pure white and I am excited to infuse this line with my own flock. This is the rooster from that hatch. I'd appreciate any feedback! He seems larger than my Ideal stock. Also, the wattle and comb set are more compact. His feathers are longer and overall he appears to be an upgrade from my Ideal birds. Next year's line will all come from him. I also plan to get another breed line infusion and would welcome any recommendations. Is anyone "there" yet?

Here is the hen we raised from GracieMae's stock. Her barring seems more "laced" than the hen we have from Ideal. Can anyone tell me how she compares with the BH standard? I'm not a barring expert, so I'm curious what to look for. Also, anything else you can critique, breedwise, I'd appreciate. Thank you! (She seems to have a rogue black feather? lol)

We have 16 great hens from Ideal. They are wonderful. I hope to get a great roo to bolster this fabulous breed. They are soooo sweet . They have the sweetest barnyard chatter. We are doing everything we know to stop predation, but we are in constant vigilance . I would love learn genetics and help them to be a stronger breed. My girls are 7 months old and lay white to cream eggs. Thanks Ramona

GracieMae Barred Holland stock vs Ideal Poultry stock. Differences include, size, comb and color. I'm working on improving our breed lines. For anyone who is familiar with the breed standard, are there any drawbacks to the GracieMae roos characteristics (pictured here on the left). Thank you!

frow.gif

Hi!
I had got eggs on eBay earlier this year and had a horrible experience with my cheap incubator.
This breed is very interesting and I will stay tuned.
Thanks to you for all your effort in keeping this breed going.

Back
Top Bottom