The American Orpington Fanciers Thread

Come on orpingtoners! You've got to be around somewhere! You can't all have abandoned your orpingtons.

(Picture of obviously not to standard orpingtons stuffing faces to bait you out of hiding...and also a sussex, a duck, a production red, and a nosey EE, so really just 3 not to standard orpington fluffs).

Hey all - I need your help. I just started getting into the Orpington breed about a year ago. I started off with chocolate and quickly became an Orpington fanatic. Now I am getting into different colorings, etc within the breed. When I first purchased my Chocolates, I was told they were hand selected based on the parent stock and that they were quality ENGLISH Orpingtons. Now that I am trying to sell chicks, I'm struggling because everyone is telling me that the tail feathers are too high. I'm wondering if these were actually bred to the American standard. Any input is welcome!

Hey all - I need your help. I just started getting into the Orpington breed about a year ago. I started off with chocolate and quickly became an Orpington fanatic. Now I am getting into different colorings, etc within the breed. When I first purchased my Chocolates, I was told they were hand selected based on the parent stock and that they were quality ENGLISH Orpingtons. Now that I am trying to sell chicks, I'm struggling because everyone is telling me that the tail feathers are too high. I'm wondering if these were actually bred to the American standard. Any input is welcome!

The tails are too high and the back is too short. Unfortunately they are not good type for the APA Standard Orpingtons or the British Orpingtons. Walt

Opinions on these gals? I'm not sure if they fit in the american or british standards! Thank you! :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom