The Animals of our local Shelter

Pics
How wonderful! I hope the others fine great new homes soon, too.
smile.png

Things are going well at the shelter, though there haven't been as many adoptions as I would have hoped for there still are a good number. Gatz got returned because of issues with his new families other dog. They loved him and felt very bad, but it just wasn't going to work for the dogs, so he has to find a new home. He is a real sweetie with people though. Nadia and Niko also got returned, Nadia because of not getting along with their dog, I'm not sure why with Niko. Spike was adopted again however! Yay for Spike!

This is one of the new dogs, probably some kind of Sighthound mix. His name is Callaway and he is very large but thin and handsome. He is in quarantine for the time being.

Alby is also a new dog, some kind of shepherd mix most likely. He is black and red, sweet, handsome, and healthy looking. If he doesn't get reclaimed then he will certainly be adopted fast.

Norton is doing well in quarantine and I am not allowed to walk him. He is a sweet boy, large but good tempered with a handsome build and cute face. He seems to be a Rough-coated Pointer of some kind.

Ryker is a goof-ball. : )
He really enjoys taunting Caliber through the fence. He doesn't bark or growl or anything like that, no, he just goes in front of him and pees. Every time I let him out. It's so funny to see. Then when I let Caliber out he does the same in front of Ryker's kennel. I think they are competing over the girls. ; )

Doobie is still shy but seems to be settling down some. She is such a sweet looking girl, a Pit-mix with brindle patches on a white body. She is around 8 years old but appears healthy.

Caliber enjoying a pause in the rain to get outside and sniff around.

Durango against the quickly greening grass and stormy sky. It has been raining for a few days now.

Durango saying hello with a grin on his face. : )

Nadia is settling back in after being returned. She seems a little stressed and is a bit more uppity around the other dogs, but hopefully with love and patience will settle back in well and find a new family that can give her a forever home of happiness.

BJ dancing with excitement as he waits to get back to his kennel (and the treat he knows is waiting there) after some exercise and a bathroom break. He is excellent with his potty training that he is nearly to the point of exploding holding it in rather then soil his kennel. He'll make some family very happy when he finds his home.

Lester waiting for his treat.

Around 8-years-old, Danby is making progress and has some people interested in eventually adopting him once he gets past his health issues. His hematoma and ear issues are getting better but now he is loosing weight and has runny eyes. However, his appetite is there for sure and hopefully he will start gaining it back.

Cannon making sure he doesn't get too far from me. He had just finished splashing around in the pool, even though the grass was wet enough he didn't have to. : )

Grant getting a treat. This is a totally sweet dog. Not only does he have the energy and love for life of a Jack Russel but he has the sweet, big heart of a Pit-bull in there as well. He is awesome, though very energetic too. However, he always wants to come back to his owner to say hello while running and playing.

Such good looking, sweet-faced dogs...I hope they all find nice, forever homes!

We've got some new animals in the house. : )

The shelter is almost full of dogs, all the main kennels are being used and they are the larger ones, which are best for the dogs. Hopefully some of the strays brought in today will be reclaimed and some of the dogs that have been with us a while will be adopted. However, all and all things are going pretty well.

This is one of the newbies, a young female mix-breed. She is guessed to be a Catahoola Leopard Dog mix of some kind, because of her coloration and shape, but she is fairly small for that breed. She is passing her medical check and then will be up for adoption. : )

A male husky mix that I believe was brought in as a stray yesterday.

Lucas and Lady, a pair of bonded Pyrenees mixes. I'm not sure if they were run-aways, owner surrenders or in boarding, but they are nice looking dogs.

Not the best picture, but this is another of the new dogs. Marco is his name, and he is a 3-4 month old Lab x Pit Bull mix pup.

A hound mix of some kind, this male dog s named Hawthorne. He is not yet up for adoption.

I was taking some pictures of Gatz for the website and he was just being so cute the little guy!

Here is Meteor. She is still on medical hold and can only go on walks (no time in the run) because of an injury to her leg. However, she is getting better and looking better too. She doesn't have as many bald patches and she is gaining some much-needed weight.

It is so hard to get a picture of BJ standing still. I think it isn't part of his repertoire. He has some great muscles though. : )

BJ is standing still because there is a gate between him and a treat. Once I let him through he went dashing for his kennel to get his snack.

Jarvis in the quarantine run, getting a treat.

Niko running on the tall green grass. It grew a lot after the heavy rains as of late.

Niko saying "Hello" as he waits to get through the fence and trot his way back home.

Jarvis excited about going back inside. He is doing the typical terrier "spin-in-a-circle", something they do when eager to go somewhere but having to wait.

Look at that face!

Benji enjoying the outdoors.

Here he is carefully making his way through the grass as he finds the right place to mark his territory.

Look at that fuzzy, silky head! He is so soft!

Benji's adorable face.

The evening clouds. Looks like its going to rain again.

Besides those shown we also have: Caliber, Durango, Lester, Cannon, Nadia and Grant available for adoption. Lewiston is pending adoption but on medical hold. Also on medical hold are Meteor, Danby, Delilah, Darcy, Jenna, Benji, and Taro.
Going through quarantine are Kingsley, Alby, Bentley, Doobie, Ryker, Hawthorne, Marco, a new female lab mix, Marx, Melly, Norton, Coco and Brandy. Garrick the bulldog remains in foster, along with Katia the lab, Clancy the hound mix and Shelby the terrier mix.

The husky boy and the two Pyrenees mixes were both reclaimed, opening up a few kennels. : )

Darcy was adopted as well and Delilah and Lewiston are both adoption pending, just remaining while they finish up medical hold (Delilah because she is young and Lewiston because he is old).

We don't have any new dogs that I can think of besides Nero. She is a mix-breed female. We only have one new cat, a little kitty that wasn't even named. He is gorgeous, a pretty light silver-white color with shining blue eyes. : )

The husky boy and the two Pyrenees mixes were both reclaimed, opening up a few kennels.  : )

Darcy was adopted as well and Delilah and Lewiston are both adoption pending, just remaining while they finish up medical hold (Delilah because she is young and Lewiston because he is old). 

We don't have any new dogs that I can think of besides Nero. She is a mix-breed female. We only have one new cat, a little kitty that wasn't even named. He is gorgeous, a pretty light silver-white color with shining blue eyes.   : )

So glad they got claimed! Good to know others are being adopted! The new kitty sounds very handsome!

A picture of Nero. I'm guessing she is some sort of Shepherd x Pug or something like that. She has a bulky build like a pug or bull-dog with a shorter snout but that color, the longer coat and perked ears are more like a German Shepherd.

Smiling for the camera! This is Ryker, excited for some attention.

And being sweet too. : )

Alby the Border Collie or Aussue mix (we're guessing), on her first walk with me. She is a sweetie, a little shy, but very beautiful.

Norton saying howdy with those gentle, soulful eyes of his.

And then reverting back to his naturally goofy, playful self. : )

A dog that was brought in by the Dog Warden and reclaimed with-in the hour! Yay for him!

Goji is out in the run but because she was recently fixed she has to stay on the leash so she doesn't get too hyper and injure herself.

Looking back at the camera.

The sweetest most happy-go-lucky little curly-coated Schnauzer mix in the world! Jenna may be older, she may be partially blind from cataracts, but she just hops every where she goes like everything is perfect in her world.

And she is adorable too!!!

The Shih Tzu mix, Melly, out on a walk in the run (she was recently fixed as well).

Taro was fixed and got his tumor removed and is healing very nicely. Hopefully he will be up for adoption soon. He is blind in one eye and his tongue often sticks out of his mouth, but this little mix-breed (Papillon perhaps?) will make up for all of it with his loving personality.

Caliber kissing the camera. He is being kept with his brother right now, Cannon, but he is certainly the calmer and smaller of the two, though he acts more mature. : )

Nadia saying howdy. She may not get along great with dogs, but she is gentle and sweet with people. She is settling in well and will hopefully not have to stay for long.

Melly looks like she might possibly be Affenpinscher or Brussels Griffon or something.

And all the dogs are soooo cute.

If I lived closer and had endless amounts of money I'd adopt every one lol

Back
Top Bottom