The Animals of our local Shelter

Pics
Wrangler got to go home!! Lita and Pumpkin are pending adoption

A new picture of Bugle and Bucina, who are still waiting

Gus, a 7-year-old chihuahua mix, is up for adoption!

Pedro is up for adoption! So sweet, a little shy, but very gorgeous and friendly.

We think Carter (also known as Fuzzy) might have something like that in him because we think he might have hearing problems, and white boxers and the like can be deaf.

Boomer was likely hit by a car, we found him as a stray with his sister (who was adopted) so he likely got hit and was healing as a stray, as he could walk, just with a bad limp when he first came.

Deacon is getting adopted! I'm so glad, that was really quick. : )

Pumpkin is approximately 4 months old. So sweet, she loves people.
Poor guy, at least he's in a loving home now!

Omg, Bugle and Bucina are too cute!
love.gif

Munchkin was adopted so fast! She is a Pug x Chihuahua (Chug) and very sweet so she was snapped up before I even got to really meet her. At least she didn't have to wait. : )

Unfortunately, we've had some returned dogs due to various reasons. Gus, Finn, Lester and Boomer were all returned. Finn because he was not house-trained (something he can learn but takes time), Boomer because they didn't give him a chance to get over his shy personality, Lester because the family felt they didn't have time for his high energy, and I am not certain of the reason for Gus, possibly it just wasn't the right fit. As you can see, dogs rarely make some horrible mistake in their home, but something changes for the person or sometimes they don't take time for a dog to decompress. Please get to know a dog you want to adopt well enough that you know if you have the time for any behavioral or health problems. While these dogs got a wonderful chance to be loved for a day or more, and it was a good evaluation of in-home behavior, it is very disappointing for the dog and humans alike.
I am, however, totally for a return to a shelter instead of keeping a pet that isn't working. I know we've had to rehome pets before (stray cats that came to us and didn't get along with or own, extra roosters and hens, even a few dogs went to good friends or family members who could care for them when they didn't fit with our pack) the important thing is that you do what is best for your family and the dog. Thankfully, many adopters that can't keep their dog do care enough to give them another chance if it didn't work out the first time.

Munchkin was adopted so fast! She is a Pug x Chihuahua (Chug) and very sweet so she was snapped up before I even got to really meet her. At least she didn't have to wait. : )

Unfortunately, we've had some returned dogs due to various reasons. Gus, Finn, Lester and Boomer were all returned. Finn because he was not house-trained (something he can learn but takes time), Boomer because they didn't give him a chance to get over his shy personality, Lester because the family felt they didn't have time for his high energy, and I am not certain of the reason for Gus, possibly it just wasn't the right fit. As you can see, dogs rarely make some horrible mistake in their home, but something changes for the person or sometimes they don't take time for a dog to decompress. Please get to know a dog you want to adopt well enough that you know if you have the time for any behavioral or health problems. While these dogs got a wonderful chance to be loved for a day or more, and it was a good evaluation of in-home behavior, it is very disappointing for the dog and humans alike.
I am, however, totally for a return to a shelter instead of keeping a pet that isn't working. I know we've had to rehome pets before (stray cats that came to us and didn't get along with or own, extra roosters and hens, even a few dogs went to good friends or family members who could care for them when they didn't fit with our pack) the important thing is that you do what is best for your family and the dog. Thankfully, many adopters that can't keep their dog do care enough to give them another chance if it didn't work out the first time.

(sigh) And it really isn't difficult to housebreak a dog and doesn't take long. I do know of at least one shelter in our area that asks when a dog comes in if it is housebroken. If not a volunteer takes it home to foster until it is house trained. I've heard of several that have never had an accident in the house and others were trained in less than a week.

Back
Top Bottom