The Animals of our local Shelter

Pics
Yay
celebrate.gif

It's very exciting when dogs get adopted.
I hope some more get adopted too!

It sure is!! I have a mini celebration each time it happens.

I love Baby Girl's face. You do good work, GitaBooks.
clap.gif

Thanks. : )
She really is a sweet girl. She came in with her son and both are up for adoption. She spends probably half her time in the office on a comfortable dog bed getting babied, totally what she deserves. She loves it.
big_smile.png

Some of our new dogs include Flicker, who is up for adoption

Another picture of Humphrey

Lebowski

Ramone

And Ribeye

And we can't forget little, bouncy Shortcake

Ramone has a home visit today, I really am hoping for the best. Unfortunately we had two dogs returned yesterday. : ( Swayze (now Gracie Lynn) because she doesn't do well with small children (totally understandable, but still sad for all involved, they loved her) and Spot (apparently he was just abandoned). They join Zither, Lester, Finn, Gus, Boomer, Fraley, Fritter, and T-Bone as returned dogs.

Derpy is a new dog! And so sweet and cute! He'll get snapped up right away (hopefully, I've said that about others and they have been overlooked)

Gracie Lynn (aka, Swayze)

Lenny. A totally sweet, middle-aged lab mix

Zither. A 1-year-old mix-breed (possibly Boxer or Catahoula Leopard Dog).

We've got two more adoption! Lester and T-Bone, both returnees, found their homes today! Not only that, but the senior dog Patrick is going to rescue so he can chill and get babied during his last years and there is some interest in Lance.

Bishop the lab (or lab mix) out in the yard. He came in with Shadow, so we are guessing they are brothers (they look and act the same and are the same age). Bishop is a little more shy but very sweet.

Charlotte the tiny, itty bitty Pitty. She is the size of large French Bulldog and is so cute!

Jolene is spayed but not yet up for adoption. I'm sure she will be soon though, as she is very sweet and intelligent. She LOVES treats.

Marley hoping for a treat!

Shadow, Bishop's brother. You can tell them apart by their collars. Bishop has the blue one. : )

Rosie, Patrick, and Gus are all going to rescue!!! This means they'll go to a smaller, generally privately run rescue for dogs with more specialized needs such as those that are seniors or stressed at shelters. This is good because Patrick is a senior, Rosie is very shy and stressed, and Gus is stressed and being over-looked. This gives them a wonderful chance for more specialized and one-on-one care.

Lucky dogs of the day! Charlotte the itty bitty pittie and Lance the wonderfully well behaved handsome bully breed mix. I'm so happy for Lance, he was one of our longer-term residents but kept being a good boy. I hope things work out for him.
Bucina was returned (called BeeBee now) but Bugle went back to his owners after his problems with seizures was stabilized and there was even some talk of them considering Bucina, since the two us to be a bonded pair.

Back
Top Bottom