The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Here's a couple of pictures of my project cockerels (F2's), the pullets from this group just started laying, should be interesting to see what the next generation shows.
smile.png

49849_dsc04180.jpg

49849_dsc04316.jpg

Quote:
Well, I love the looks of the first one color-tones and body type. The second one is too brassy for my eye unless it is the camera shot and not type-y enough.

I hope to have some eggs of the first cockerel and a blue laced hen in the bator the beginning of the year. It's full at the moment with cuckoo marans and blue/black bantam orps and will be completely preoccupied with black bantams from the 15th till the beginning of the year. I think I need a bigger bator!!
lol.png

Today I have two of the more adorable bantam orp chicks in the brooder!
love.gif
I ended up with one gorgeous blue and a black. Waiting for them to fluff a bit more and I will post some pictures!
ya.gif

The incubator is already reloaded today with more blue and black bantam orps.
big_smile.png

Very cute! I can't wait for my girls to start laying. They are 6 months old, but it has been cold so I guess that has effected their starting. I was given a rooster so this Spring we should have some chicks!

Last edited:
Quote:
So lets see some pictures of these cuties!!
caf.gif
big_smile.png

Yes I have a pullet that is over 6 months old now and still hasn't started laying, then again I have a serama pullet doing the same thing and my now 8 month old LF black orpingtons haven't started to lay yet either.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Is there any possible way that something jumped the fence for that one? I have had some blacks both in Bantam and Large Fowl that have yellow tips when born but 1 - never that much yellow and 2 - no legs ever that color. One thing about chicks though...no matter what, they are still adorable. Here is an off topic pic I just loaded this morning....
Sleeping Silkies
love.gif

DSC_3204.jpg

Back
Top Bottom