The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Just a few? I have discovered that the Bantam Chocolates I have are Marc Sacre I also read up on the chocolate gene and how roos have to have two to appear chocolate but the hens are chocolate colored regardless. So when choosing the roo to keep. If I dont have a chocolate colored roo to choose from. What shade of black/steel gray should I look for AND is that roo ever gowing to throw me chocolate colored boys?

Just a few? I have discovered that the Bantam Chocolates I have are Marc Sacre I also read up on the chocolate gene and how roos have to have two to appear chocolate but the hens are chocolate colored regardless. So when choosing the roo to keep. If I dont have a chocolate colored roo to choose from. What shade of black/steel gray should I look for AND is that roo ever gowing to throw me chocolate colored boys?
They will be black splits. If you breed choc to choc they will be all choc.

Last edited:
I'd like to have 6-8 girls and 1 rooster if I could fling them. I love the size and durability of these beauties.

Just a few pictures of my new babies.

They are very friendly.

Real nice Roger, is she out of the choc crosses?
No, She is one of the pure blacks, she is the best one I think, I ended up with 3 of these pullets & I love em I was going to show her last weekend but her tail was a little frade from laying in a nest box so I didn't take her this time but she will be going after she molts the first time, at what age do they start to molt ?
I have her single matted right now to the pure black roo. I got from you, but so far nothing fertile, just trimmed her today though & touched him up to.

Back
Top Bottom