The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Hope you guys don't mind if I join! I just got some Chocolate English Orpington Bantam chicks yesterday! Here are some pictures!

This is a picture to compare their size to one of my Blue English Orpington LF chicks!

tkay6205,

I am looking to buy some bantam chicks. I live in OK. Where do you live? Also, how much are you asking for them?

Another question, how big do they get?

I am a newby to bantams so bear with my questions!

Hannah in OK

Just some pics of my 2 week old chocolate chips.

And a ? In my LF buff orps the pullets feathered faster. It was obvious by 2 weeks.

So if I have 5 chicks like this

And 1 like this.

You think it possible that I actually hatched 5 pullets and 1 boy?!

I have a question for you ORP experts I have a pair of bantam black orp. And when I recently hatched their babies I found that some come out black, but others look silver/chocolate colored? Why is this?

I have a question for you ORP experts I have a pair of bantam black orp. And when I recently hatched their babies I found that some come out black, but others look silver/chocolate colored? Why is this?

you can see the babies here(sorry crappy picture I know) and the black chick is also from the same parents.....

They look khaki or mauve. If the parents aren't true chocolate gened and instead are dun based, you can get khaki. Mauve is chocolate dilution of blue... Neither parent is blue... Unless one is a really dark blue or you have a fence jumper.

The only blue boy I have is a huge LF oprington, and I know he can't get in the bantam pen.
Here are the parents

The hen when she was younger

the white hen is no longer in the this group and hasn't been for some time

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom