The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Caitlyn, just so you don't hear from the moderators, you cannot list items for sale on the thread pages. I believe you can show him and say he's for sale but the same information with the price has to be on the sale pages.

By the way, he is very nice. Love the color!
I didn't know that! I guess that's why people always say "PM me."
As for me, I'm always curious about chickens for sale..... I just don't have the space (living in the suburbs) to take any more home.
hide.gif

Thanks for posting the pics. No matter how big her chicks get she will always be their Momma. I can just see her telling one that is getting out of line, "I brought you into this world, I can take you out." LOL!! Cookie is so beautiful. Has she regained any weight she lost while she was sitting?
Cookie looks round, but she's all fluff. Her comb & waddles look pale. Her babies are amazingly fast & agile, so like any mother of young children, she appears a bit disheveled. LOL

I threw some breakfast scraps into the coop this morning. Cookie called all the scampering chicks as she pointed to the scrambled eggs. They devoured it in seconds! By the time the rest of the flock came over, only a few tiny pieces were left. Cookie also trained them in the art of stealing treats. Although the big hens get upset when their treats are eaten, the chicks are so fast, they cannot be stopped. They simply run under & between the slow moving hens, snatch a snack, & run off before the others know what's happened. It's totally a Cookie maneuver & the reason she got the nickname, "the Bantam Menace."

I can't say we're playing with the chicks very much, because they're so hyper-active. They jump all over the roosts & use them as a jungle gym. I hope they do slow down at some point.

Cookie looks round, but she's all fluff. Her comb & waddles look pale. Her babies are amazingly fast & agile, so like any mother of young children, she appears a bit disheveled. LOL

I threw some breakfast scraps into the coop this morning. Cookie called all the scampering chicks as she pointed to the scrambled eggs. They devoured it in seconds! By the time the rest of the flock came over, only a few tiny pieces were left. Cookie also trained them in the art of stealing treats. Although the big hens get upset when their treats are eaten, the chicks are so fast, they cannot be stopped. They simply run under & between the slow moving hens, snatch a snack, & run off before the others know what's happened. It's totally a Cookie maneuver & the reason she got the nickname, "the Bantam Menace."

I can't say we're playing with the chicks very much, because they're so hyper-active. They jump all over the roosts & use them as a jungle gym. I hope they do slow down at some point.

I would love to see a video of the chicks executing "The Cookie Maneuver". LOL

Caitlyn, just so you don't hear from the moderators, you cannot list items for sale on the thread pages. I believe you can show him and say he's for sale but the same information with the price has to be on the sale pages.

By the way, he is very nice. Love the color!

He is listed on the sale page as well...? I've never heard of that rule! Must be fairly new.

I didn't know that! I guess that's why people always say "PM me."
As for me, I'm always curious about chickens for sale..... I just don't have the space (living in the suburbs) to take any more home.
hide.gif

Yeah, my birds live on a different property so it takes a toll having to go take care of them! That's why I am trying to decrease my numbers. Plus, it gives me the space I need and want to grow out some of my chicks
jumpy.gif
!

Some pics of my 2 and a half month old chicks, they are growing up! Big cockerel started crowing at 6 am so he has to go. Too bad cause he is quite handsome.

The blue chicks are quite dark, although the 2 cockerels seem to be a bit lighter. Will the pullet lighten over time or will she stay dark like that?

Some pics of my 2 and a half month old chicks, they are growing up! Big cockerel started crowing at 6 am so he has to go. Too bad cause he is quite handsome.

The blue chicks are quite dark, although the 2 cockerels seem to be a bit lighter. Will the pullet lighten over time or will she stay dark like that?
Hello Honora: My Buff Orpinton bantams hens are going on two years old now, and they have really lightened up. I'll get some pics.

Back
Top Bottom