The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Pics
Quote:
That cayenne worked didn't it!
thumbsup.gif

My buffs are laying pretty steady, I have one egg in the bator now, day 7 is this coming Friday and a couple of more waiting to go in this Friday.
smile.png

I also had a brain laps
old.gif
.... I do have two "extra" black cockerels here from my choc project that may be splits!!
wink.png

You can buy them pretty much anywhere in the spice section. Cayenne pepper flakes. They are even at the dollar store or Big Lots for a buck. Not only do they seem to help kick start the hens laying but it is also known to be a natural internal parasite preventative.
thumbsup.gif

My girls get a sprinkle of cayenne and whole flax seeds (omega-3) every few days.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh my gosh how adoreable! So- will the mille fleurs be called mille fleurs or will they be jubilee like the LF? Or speckled or spangled? I can't wait to see how they grow up. I think mottled would be so pretty too.

What a CUTE breed! Nice pics everyone!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh my gosh how adoreable! So- will the mille fleurs be called mille fleurs or will they be jubilee like the LF? Or speckled or spangled? I can't wait to see how they grow up. I think mottled would be so pretty too.

What a CUTE breed! Nice pics everyone!
big_smile.png

Thank you, there are a couple of pictures of some of the parent stock in post #21. These chicks appear to look just like the parent stock did when they were born. This has been a fun project with lots of possibilities.
smile.png
Still not sure what they will be called in the long run as they will not look identical to LF Jubilee???

Back
Top Bottom