The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

Pics
Quote:
At ONE week!?
lol.png
Yes, you need a video!

Yes I was talkin to tricia(hentymes) couple days ago when he started it, I caught him doin it again tonight, hubby saw him too...this little guy barely has wing feather tips... I said well its a rooster...lol

47716_pic_0296.jpg

47716_buff_orp_bantam_2.jpg

We were working around the coops today, when Nicole started screaming! I looked over and she was hysterical with her head down. i thought she was hurt teh way she was sounding. I yelled and asked if she was okay? She looked up smiling! She had two Buff Orpington bantam eggs in her hand and Jahdan was holding the third! Her first eggs this season! I asked if she told them thank you. So Nicole gave me the eggs, went inside her coop and patted each hen on the back and told them thank you!

At dinner we asked if she was going to FRY the eggs for breakfast. She squealed..."NOOOO!!!!!! There are baby chicks inside them! We need to put them in the incubator!" We have a six year old Hatchaholic!

Last edited:
Thought I would share an "un-posed" picture of a young black pair that I am putting up for sale. They are only 4-5 weeks old and are going to be gorgeous as they start to fill out. We just moved our older two pullets to the barn yesterday, I think I'm having empty nest syndrome as they are my two sweet girls.
th.gif
Now when I want to see them I have to go all the way out to the barn.
tongue.png

49849_dsc04960.jpg

** Karen- you have got to see how the little blue pullet is feathering out, lacing galore!!
droolin.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Where is the picture?????

I will have to get some good ones of her now that she is out in the barn. I really noticed how much she has changed once we put her out yesterday. She is an extremely beautiful laced blue.
love.gif
Will see if I can get pics later today.
smile.png

Here is an updated picture of my beautiful blue girl. She is changing from dark to light laced more and more every day. She is going to be one looker when she is finished. I will probably start showing her later this fall.
ep.gif

49849_dsc04970.jpg

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I can't believe how grown up she is looking...you are definitely going to have a show girl on your hands!! I have some hatching right now...so far one of the project eggs is out, a couple of lavender project orps and one of my bantam orps..I made the mistake of putting them in a different 'bator to hatch-it has small windows
tongue.gif
what the h*ll was I thinking, I am almost standing on my head trying to see in there
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom