The Bantam Thread!

Can anyone tell me what breed this little bantam might be? She is about 5 months old. I can get better pics after the weekend if need be.

I'm not sure about many breeds, but my OE game hen and a black sex-link hen lay a lot of eggs. My black one is almost laying one a day her first summer laying.

This is only picture I can find of them. You may want to consider what egg size you want too. The gold hens eggs are small and larger bantams, like my black one, have a better sized egg for eating.

My Banty Roo and little hen, my best guess they are some type of old English game perhaps? They are both about 2.5 months old.

My Banty Roo and little hen, my best guess they are some type of old English game perhaps? They are both about 2.5 months old.

[/quo

Adorable! Cool feeders!

We made the feeders today! Out of some pvc pipe, you can even see our tools in the background lol. Saw the idea on Pinterest. So much better than our metal feeders that they were kicking all over the place.

I tried to add her pick to a thread I started for my brother's chickens since I got an answer so fast but my Internet is sketchy here and it wouldn't load. Will try again once I get back to WiFi.
Katatonic     have your tried posting her photo at  "what breed or gender is this."

Last edited:
Do Bantams dig less?

I've got 2 EEs & 2 RIR, they dig which I wouldn't mind but the holes in my back yard is DEEP! I fill holes every evening & got missing dirt. I've found a good use for the empty mulch bags (refill holes); covering around my plants, areas I'm trying to regrow grass, areas that I just filled with mulch/dirt.

Enjoy my chickens but refilling the holes is getting costly, these will be sold & researching what to replace them with. More for pets, not eggs.

Back
Top Bottom