The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

Every rooster is different. Some start trying to crow when they are a month old. Others won't crow until they reach sexual maturity. Sorry about you ending up with 2 roosters out of 3 chickens.

I'm not just sorry, I'm sick about it! And that's not the worst of it. I have another one that I'm pretty sure is a rooster so that makes 3 out of the 4 from the same person that were roosters!
1f62d.png
1f494.png

This is KoKo & Ebony. Pretty sure Koko is a rooster, too!

Koko has some funky feathers on her neck, but the feather color pattern says pullet. You don't suppose the seller would help you out by trading you some hens for the roosters they sold you??

I've already taken a rooster back to him & he said he would trade again if any turned out to be another rooster so I guess when he gets more chicks I'll trade, again. I just hate this cause I get so attached to the little critters it really upsets me to get rid of them - we can't have Roos where I live.

Koko is a pullet. That color pattern is a classic EE pullet color. Sometimes the hackle feathers can fool you one the EE's. They look more pointed than they are.

Back
Top Bottom