The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

He looks like a rooster to me. What breed? From the picture he looks like a cornish, which don't have very big tails, and get them very late.
He is a cornish, bantam sized. Flighty but pretty sweet, so I guess he is a rooster. I knew they matured slower than other breeds, but wasn't sure of the tail. Thanks for info!
yippiechickie.gif

White-Roo...definte. See the curve?

Black-Can't tell..

Anyways. Are they crowing? Have him refund you at least half if you can? I dunno... 

Oh yes. There both boys. The black one is the worst! He crows all day.
I'm about a day away from chicken dinners.

Thank you, I'll see what I can do.

Oh yes. There both boys. The black one is the worst! He crows all day.
I'm about a day away from chicken dinners.

Thank you, I'll see what I can do.
lol.. Your reply..I find it funny. No offense.

Well, if you haven't butchred chickens before.... it's messy, time taking and be sure you cut the neck bone low enough not to gross people out lol
sickbyc.gif

My mom complains about that..it was our first time lol.

Well, hens can crow..sometimes they do if no other rooster is around, but the black is a definte yes

@XxMingirlxX
Thank you! Given that my tiny past experience is with sex links and cattle I've already learned so much.

@WinterChicks
I'm all for butchering them, my partner is not so keen. So we'll try to return or re home them first.

@XxMingirlxX
Thank you! Given that my tiny past experience is with sex links and cattle I've already learned so much.

@WinterChicks
I'm all for butchering them, my partner is not so keen. So we'll try to return or re home them first.
lol. Well get a sharp sharp knife and axe lol

Hello Everyone

This is my first post and I am a newcomer to the world of chickens. I have only ever raised 3 chicks about 15 years ago.

We bought 5 day olds just before christmas and I feel at least 2 of them may be roos, but I know very little about chickens other than from books and internet. Please can you have a look and give me your opinions. Please excuse the photos, Im not a very good photographer either and they had just finished off some watermelon so they look a little rough around the edges. Thank you.

Oh I forgot to mention breeds.

Rhode Island Red
Barnevelder
Gold Laced Wyandotte
Light Sussex
Speckled Sussex

Back
Top Bottom