The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

Could I have peoples opinions on my two new silkies please? The breeder was as sure as he could be that these were pullets but my previous experience with silkies has made me cautious haha the more opinions the better
1f600.png

[COLOR=4B0082]I have a chick I am thinking ia a Roo actually 2 of them. From what I am reading even the slightest bit of pinkness at this age, 4wks, could be a tell that these chicks are Roos.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]The 1st one is a EE?/ barnyard mix, s/he started out with chipmunk colouration, and came from the heavy breed straight run bin at Runnings.
[/COLOR]

2 days [COLOR=000000]4 weeks
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]I noticed yesterday there was a pink cast to the comb area and the single row has now split into 3 separate rows.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]This chick has been rather assertive since the beginning. S/he weighs more than the other chicks, is bigger, taller, heavier thicker legs. However, since I have different kinds of chicks there are no others to compare it to.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]The second chick I purchased as a Marans pullet at Chickenstock however, I also notice pink on this comb. This chicken is the only chick that stands up to and is aggressive with the above chick. Additionally, S/he has very little in the way of a tail, it has a very rounded bottom. This chick is suppose to be 4-ish weeks.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]Thank you for any help in identifying these chicks. I hope you all have a great day.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=4B0082]Alissa[/COLOR]
Turn out pullets?

Do you know the precise breeds or are the mixed, clear head shots of both would help. I agree the barred one looks like a roo.

Hi. Thanks for your response. I'll get some better pictures up soon. They were a mix, not sure exactly of what. One hen that may be a mother was a pure OE game hen but out of 6 chicks I'm not sure if one of these was hers or not. The Rooster that sired them was a mix (larger slightly in the body compared to a OE game) with cuckoo colouring.

please please please help im not sure if these are two roosters I know one is I've heard him and he has tail feathers but this other barred rock is allot bigger with no tail feathers but looks the same in the face and it pushes around the smaller rooster

Back
Top Bottom