The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

Snapped some quick pictures of my barred cochin bantams yesterday in the baby pen while we were doing yardwork. They are about 6 weeks old. I've heard that cochins normally start getting big red combs pretty early. My buff brahma bantams, I've been able to pick out 2 roosters for the past two weeks. The barred cochins are the same age and I don't see a rooster in the bunch. Is it just wishful thinking or did I get that lucky on straight run to get 3 pullets? I can get better pictures when the sun comes up. These are just the most recent I have.

They look like pullets so far! :)

Snapped some quick pictures of my barred cochin bantams yesterday in the baby pen while we were doing yardwork. They are about 6 weeks old. I've heard that cochins normally start getting big red combs pretty early. My buff brahma bantams, I've been able to pick out 2 roosters for the past two weeks. The barred cochins are the same age and I don't see a rooster in the bunch. Is it just wishful thinking or did I get that lucky on straight run to get 3 pullets? I can get better pictures when the sun comes up. These are just the most recent I have.
The Cochins all have dark pullet barring.

I have 2 Cochin bantam chicks that are about 1 and a half months old. one of them it getting a bigger comb than the other. i am thinking roo.i dont have any resent pics, but i will get some today.

Last edited:
I feel lucky, they were the only three cochins in the straight run bantam bin at tractor supply. I was scared at first I'd end up with all roosters. I was crossing my fingers for one hen at least. Lol. I just wanted to try and confirm my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, I thought they were all pullets.

Last edited:
I feel lucky, they were the only three cochins in the straight run bantam bin at tractor supply. I was scared at first I'd end up with all roosters. I was crossing my fingers for one hen at least. Lol. I just wanted to try and confirm my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, I thought they were all pullets.

You must have good luck then! Haha!

ok, i got some pics.

this is Carie and Taylor. the one on the far side is the one i think might be a roo.

this is Taylor

this is Carie

they r the same age but i think that Taylor is a rooster. i dont know about Carie. i dont think so.

Back
Top Bottom