the black crested white polish project

Following this thread!
I need more of these!!
1f601.png

I've always like these and have been trying to track down a real good lakenvelder or two to try to start my own... Many of them have white bleeding into their hackles now, so won't be easy. Plus I'm looking at the wrong time of year ;) I know people want them to just have the black crest and maybe just the neck, but I actually like the black speckles into the chest feathers myself... Not so plain that way. Very cute. Hopefully in the next year I could start playing with these :)

I've always like these and have been trying to track down a real good lakenvelder or two to try to start my own... Many of them have white bleeding into their hackles now, so won't be easy. Plus I'm looking at the wrong time of year ;) I know people want them to just have the black crest and maybe just the neck, but I actually like the black speckles into the chest feathers myself... Not so plain that way. Very cute. Hopefully in the next year I could start playing with these :)

I like the speckles, too.

Hi I just picked up a bantam white crested black polished chick. Hopefully I stated this correctly lol. Anyway, I was wondering what type of temperament this chicken will have My other chickens? I have a Americana, anthrlourp, and buff orlingon ...I know these chickens are smaller but are they aggressive?

I had gotten one by accident from a farm supply, evidently they purchased through Ideal in Cameron... She was a GEM! Always ready to be held and right under our feet every day. lol
I'd love a whole yard of them!

My small chick chirps constantly ... not sure if this is normal... my other girls didn't do that when they were small...

My Silver Laced Polish from ideal was like that. Had to move their brooder next to my bed and sleep with my fingers through the cage, he would sleep against my hand lol. Luckily it was only for the first week. Boy did that suck, but he would chirp so loud if I wasn't sitting near the brooder and I could hear it through the walls, couldn't sleep lol...

Back
Top Bottom