THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Do you think this is because of the humidity in the air (or lack of!!!) are u London uk???
What are you using to test the humidity. I've never ever seen my tester show 0 for humidity. Did you test your batteries?
Are you using a hygrometer for temp and humidity?

Last edited:
What are you using to test the humidity. I've never ever seen my tester show 0 for humidity. Did you test your batteries?
Are you using a hygrometer for temp and humidity?

Do you think this is because of the humidity in the air (or lack of!!!) are u London uk???
I am using one of those small Exo Terra Analog Hydrometers. It was about day 15 and I had no water in the incubator at the time. Anyway 8 hatched out of 13. A few of the eggs had chicks in them fully grown but it looked a bit dry which I am disappointed with my self.
The 8 chicks that made it are looking great and growing fast!

I will have to take it apart and clean it then... It's full of tiny feathers... I mean FULL of them. As soon as the first egg hatched those tiny feathers started flying all over. There was a scum of them all over the bottom of the bator... They were all over the table the bator was on, and they are all in the top of the thing...

I hope someone here can help me. I think I might be in trouble. I lost the plug to my hatcher and today is day 17. I was supposed to transfer 18 eggs (maybe 15 eggs) tonight/tomorrow morning, but now I'm stuck. What is the most number of eggs any of you have hatched in a Brinsea Eco 20? Do I have too many eggs?

I hope someone here can help me. I think I might be in trouble. I lost the plug to my hatcher and today is day 17. I was supposed to transfer 18 eggs (maybe 15 eggs) tonight/tomorrow morning, but now I'm stuck. What is the most number of eggs any of you have hatched in a Brinsea Eco 20? Do I have too many eggs?

The Brinsea can hatch 20 eggs. There just isn't the head room you might like, but folks manage this all the time.

I unglugged my Eco to move it into the bathroom to candle the eggs before LD. Then I forgot to plug it back in for an hour. Was any harm done? I am so mad at myself. The temp was 92 when I plugged it back in. I only noticed because the temp reading was so low!

I unglugged my Eco to move it into the bathroom to candle the eggs before LD. Then I forgot to plug it back in for an hour. Was any harm done? I am so mad at myself. The temp was 92 when I plugged it back in. I only noticed because the temp reading was so low!
You should be okay, the temp goes back up so quickly on the Brinsea's. Just make sure your humidity stays up so they don't shrink wrap.

Apparent

Apparently, new research shows that turning the temp off for an hour a day improves hatch rates?!? But the fan should stay on! The new brinsea octogon 20 advance ex comes with a cooling system! I have just ordered one and am going to use my old brinsea octogon 20 as a hatchery! Slightly nervous about the cooling system! May give it a miss for the first few goes! Lol

Last edited:

Apparently, new research shows that turning the temp off for an hour a day improves hatch rates?!? But the fan should stay on! The new brinsea octogon 20 advance ex comes with a cooling system! I have just ordered one and am going to use my old brinsea octogon 20 as a hatchery! Slightly nervous about the cooling system! May give it a miss for the first few goes!! Lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom