THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

I have one and I absolutely love it!!! But....it's no longer big enough for me so my dad and I are making this XD will be able to hold around 60 eggs when we're finished!!!!!

Just got my Brinsea and before I'be set eggs in it, I've already used it as an ICU for an assisted hatchling from last hatch. Long story but I am DONE with styrofoam incubators. The temperature fluctuated constantly and would spike in the afternoon and drop very low at night. They could not hold humidity if there was any sort of air circulation in the room. I have lost a lot of money in eggs to styrofoam incubators and am very hopeful with the Brinsea Octo 20 right now. :)

Just got my Brinsea and before I'be set eggs in it, I've already used it as an ICU for an assisted hatchling from last hatch. Long story but I am DONE with styrofoam incubators. The temperature fluctuated constantly and would spike in the afternoon and drop very low at night. They could not hold humidity if there was any sort of air circulation in the room. I have lost a lot of money in eggs to styrofoam incubators and am very hopeful with the Brinsea Octo 20 right now. :)

I think my hovabator is done! The Brinsea has been so much easier to use. The temp and humidity have been so stable.

I think my hovabator is done! The Brinsea has been so much easier to use. The temp and humidity have been so stable.

I had two Little Giant still air incubators. I think they would work well if my house was a constant temperature with no air circulation. :p
So far I LOVE my Brinsea. I am highly considering getting another with my next paycheck (after all the bills are paid...)

Of course, no sooner was that said when the thermostat on the Brinsea decided to fail. We had a power outage yesterday that apparently has messed it up. This morning I found the tempurature at 90. The little light that blinks, is sputtering or going out completely as soon as it hits 90 degrees, I fired up the hovabator and put the 2 eggs that made it to lockdown in it. I hope that they survive to hatch. I think this batch of shipped eggs was just doomed to fail. Sent email to support@brinsea and I hope they honor the guarentee even though it was purchased by my friend.

Of course, no sooner was that said when the thermostat on the Brinsea decided to fail. We had a power outage yesterday that apparently has messed it up. This morning I found the tempurature at 90. The little light that blinks, is sputtering or going out completely as soon as it hits 90 degrees, I fired up the hovabator and put the 2 eggs that made it to lockdown in it. I hope that they survive to hatch. I think this batch of shipped eggs was just doomed to fail. Sent email to support@brinsea and I hope they honor the guarentee even though it was purchased by my friend.
If your friend lives close, I would let them contact Brinsea. If it is still under warranty they should honor it. I had put eggs in my just before Easter this spring and on the second day the thermostat quit working on me. I called, they said it was still under warranty, I sent it back, they fixed it and sent it back and it is fine. Good folks to deal with on my end.
Jim

If your friend lives close, I would let them contact Brinsea. If it is still under warranty they should honor it. I had put eggs in my just before Easter this spring and on the second day the thermostat quit working on me. I called, they said it was still under warranty, I sent it back, they fixed it and sent it back and it is fine. Good folks to deal with on my end.
Jim
I spoke with them this morning and got a return authorization. So they are going to cover it.

Carol

I spoke with them this morning and got a return authorization. So they are going to cover it.

Carol
I'm so glad that they are taking care of it for you. They fixed mine and sent it back and I have eggs in there right now, I candled them a night or two ago and they are looking really good. 9 out of 10 look to be developing well.
Jim

Just set 15 shipped BCM eggs and 6 guinea eggs from a friend. Next Saturday I will remove any blood rings and infertiles so I can add 12 CL eggs that I'll be picking up that day (2.5 hour drive away).
So excited for a good hatch! :)

This thread is a little stale but hopefully an experienced user can help me out:

I received this incubator in the mail the same day as a shipment of eggs which are resting from their journey.

The bulb thermometer said 99 after letting it warm over night. I then put my wireless thermometer in and it was 103.2--yikes!. So I have loaded the interior with as many thermos as possible, temps taken first thing in the morning:
oral left in to get ambient temp= 102.5
oral inserted into mock egg (easter egg filled with K-Y):102.0
Temp probe through vent hole into same mock egg 102.9
Temp probe through vent hole in open chamber: 102.9
Wireless thermometer= 102.9

So it looks like the bulb thermometer attached to the unit is off. Or this unit is designed to run more like a still air with a higher egg temp.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom