THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

I set 8 in the mini last week and am thinking of adding 3 more but not sure If I want to do a staggered hatch or save the 3 till I get more and set in the 20 next week. Hmmm...decisions, decisions. Good luck on the sets! I hope you update!
Oh my goodness, that's quite a road trip! My sister-in-law is from Ocala and I used to live in Satasota but moved back to New York. How were the air cells when you got home? Any jiggly from the trip?? I'm excited for you to get these eggs from a great blood line. I've been working hard to have quality stock also. Good luck on these eggs. 21 days will fly by!!
Good job! And good luck!!
smile.png

Thank you! I'll try to give an update when they hatch.

RubyNala97 & others who have set 8 eggs or more in the mini?  How do you do that?   I thought there is space for only seven chicken-size eggs.

I have incubated 15 silkie eggs at one time in the mini!! And 6 peafowl eggs!! Lol. I don't have the advanced. So I hand turn. The Eco does not have an egg tray. So you can squeeze them in...let me see if I have a pic...
This is how I do shipped eggs in the mini...

And my own eggs...

That's just the pic I had on my phone but if I really try, I can squeeze a bunch in

11 of 12 shipped eggs developing. Look just like they should day 4/5. Going to try and stop obsessively checking temps.
tongue.png

I have incubated 15 silkie eggs at one time in the mini!! And 6 peafowl eggs!! Lol. I don't have the advanced. So I hand turn. The Eco does not have an egg tray. So you can squeeze them in...let me see if I have a pic...
This is how I do shipped eggs in the mini...
And my own eggs...

That's just the pic I had on my phone but if I really try, I can squeeze a bunch in

That's pretty creative using the egg carton cups to hold the eggs. How's your hatch rates with the manual turns? I try to avoid handling the eggs during incubation as I am told that could decrease hatch rate.

Back
Top Bottom