THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Ugh I hope they are okay! It's a little sad when you candle and see a black jello-ish blob and you know that they have died.

Yeah, they'll be fine and get around great. :) I haven't candled my eggs-- I'm too scared now! LOL They are my shipped eggs and I figure the less I handle them, the better. Their air sacs are all loose. But I do want to check a few of them to see if they are okay thru that low temp the other day. I don't know how long the low temps were, so I should probably check them and be sure they are okay.

Ugh I hope they are okay! It's a little sad when you candle and see a black jello-ish blob and you know that they have died.
Well, yeah, that is the pits. I did candle about 3 of them, and one of them had died and you described what I saw perfectly. Sigh. I should probably candle the rest, but I was disappointed, so I stopped. Figure I'll candle the rest tonight or tomorrow. I was already down to 8, and now I'm down to 7. I was sure hoping for more chicks, but I'll take what get. I just hope the rest are okay.
sad.png

Aw that sucks
sad.png
hopefully the rest are fine. Such is life I suppose
hmm.png
. Have there been any more temp fluctuations?

Quote:
Well, yeah, that is the pits. I did candle about 3 of them, and one of them had died and you described what I saw perfectly. Sigh. I should probably candle the rest, but I was disappointed, so I stopped. Figure I'll candle the rest tonight or tomorrow. I was already down to 8, and now I'm down to 7. I was sure hoping for more chicks, but I'll take what get. I just hope the rest are okay.
sad.png

Here's where I am at ... Brinsea Oct20 Eco.
Day 24 for my 13 welsh harlequin duck eggs.... removed the turner, layed the eggs on their sides, and started uping the humidity/dropping the temps.
Tomorrow will be the official lockdown day.

Drop it one degree. So 98.5F
I didn't do this. Just learned of it.
I think it's because the increase in humidity
lowers available oxygen and decreasing temp
increases available oxygen. so this evens it out.
And leave vent all the way open.

Back
Top Bottom