THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

You should send Brinsea this picture to show the defect. The return policy is for when you changed your mind on the item. Most companies charge stocking fees for their trouble. In your case, because it is a defect, I think they will send you a new unit and will pay for you to send the bad unit back.

I'm hoping you are right - I'm not finding any information on their website other than the buyer is screwed. I just worry I will pay more for a product because I was unlucky enough to get a defective product - To send back, get another is another $50 combined shipping for my unit... doesn't seem fair for me to be punished and financially responsible. I'd feel more optimistic if I could find something nicer on their site about returns of defective products.

http://brinsea.com/buying/gregform.html
The above link says they have a 2 year guarantee against defective products. They will replace/repair for free and pay your postage. I think you are covered.
Thank you for finding that.. I don't see where it says WHO pays the shipping - and this doesn't go with the wording of their return policy - that says it must be unused - contradicting?

I wonder if they draw straws to see which policy they honor on a given day. I'm just so frustrated and have lost all faith in them. I was going to get one of their candlers for Christmas - I will not be doing that now.

Only 48 more hours and you can ask them. Assuming they take note of Veterans Day.

I hope they'll give you a positive response when you call them on Monday or Tuesday.

I sent email/photo - I was wondering if they'd be off tomorrow due to the holiday - not many businesses take those kind of holidays off anymore... kind of sad really.

So - the temp dropped down to 67 and never recovered even after I turned the red knob - this unit is completely toast now. :( :( :( :( :( I'm so upset because I saved for 3 months to buy this thing. I had it for 3 days and it never worked.

Anyone want to buy a defected unit for $191? :) Come on - I'm not the only sucker out there am I??

UPDATE on Brinsea - I just got off the phone with them - they ROCK... they are sending UPS to even do a pick up and sending out a new unit today!! She said the strict rules and policy online is to prevent people from "abuse" - I HIGHLY recommend Brinsea :) They have great customer service and I'm hoping the next unit is awesome and my chickens will lay golden eggs! :)

UPDATE on Brinsea - I just got off the phone with them - they ROCK... they are sending UPS to even do a pick up and sending out a new unit today!! She said the strict rules and policy online is to prevent people from "abuse" - I HIGHLY recommend Brinsea :) They have great customer service and I'm hoping the next unit is awesome and my chickens will lay golden eggs! :)

Great news! Now you gotta go back to all those panic post from the weekend and do Brinsea reputation damage control!!
lau.gif

I'm kidding!! I'm kidding!!!

Back
Top Bottom