The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

Quote:

Either we will get a call early in the morning or (more likely)Thursday early in the morning.

Thanks.
big_smile.png

Answers:

$59.95 delivered from Amazon - you decide.

Openings on all panels but the bottom. No cuts required.

Didn't know anything about it... got powder (before we used niacin capsules in the water).

Yes once it is back up to temp. After I get an initial temperature, I watch the ducklings - if they stay away from the heat lamp I raise it - if they huddle under it I lower it. The thermometer gets to be the swimming thermometer.

Yes
tongue.png

Thanks for the answers, Tony! That seems like a good price to me, but I've never bargain shopped for a soft side dog taxi.
wink.png

LOL...1.2 million meal worms...no problem! I've seen those buckets of yours.

@Debs Flock here is your thermometer picture:

The heat lamp completely obscures the reading, but it does read between 95 and 98 degrees
wink.png

And I did get a little package in the mail this morning...

All of them are happy and healthy.

Looks like Allie (I am guessing by size - she and Latte are about the same color so whoever is the Pekin isn't pure yellow so I am not sure at this point.) might have had a fight with her egg / another duck, she's missing a bit of fluff on her back, but she is walking and flapped both her winglets fine so it may just be a distinguishing mark.

More pics to come, but I am going to visit with my babies a bit
big_smile.png

And I did get a little package in the mail this morning...

All of them are happy and healthy.

Looks like Allie (I am guessing by size - she and Latte are about the same color so whoever is the Pekin isn't pure yellow so I am not sure at this point.) might have had a fight with her egg / another duck, she's missing a bit of fluff on her back, but she is walking and flapped both her winglets fine so it may just be a distinguishing mark.

More pics to come, but I am going to visit with my babies a bit
big_smile.png

love.gif
YAY, the babies have arrived!!
clap.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
@Julie Bird

@Miss Lydia

Looking forward to more pics!
pop.gif

Congrats on your new babies. They are adoreable. The sit up is like you were expecting 3 little princess'. Which you did get. Please take lots of pics I'm subscribing so I don't miss anything.

Thanks for sharing them with us. I can't wait to see them as they grow.

Well I had a chance to look at Allie's "wound", the "scab" seems to dissolve slowly under a wet Q-tip. I believe it is what avian vets like to refer to as poop. It is set in very deep and it is fairly thick, but now that I got it damp, she is trying to preen it a bit and breaking it up. I will let her work on it back in the brooder some, then moisten it again and repeat (when I work on it, I can't get much done because she gets very squirmy - I bet it is pulling her fluff). Hopefully once it is all washed / picked away, we will find out that is all it was.

Congrats to the new Mommy and Daddy Ling-lings!!! Awfully cute!! How can you both stand all that cuteness in one package?? We've been debating for 6 months what we'd do with the eggs that are now coming at a fast and furious pace!! Can't wait to see how they all transform over the next few weeks / months!! And great job on the brooder!! If you've got a patent on it, you'll soon be getting royalties from at least us.

Cheers! And here's to little twills, chirps, wobles and beginner quacks!!!

Troy & Tina

Back
Top Bottom