The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

Tevyes Dad

Leader of the Quack
8 Years
Apr 22, 2014
As I write this, Allie, Casey and Latte should be fighting to get out of their shells. They have to hatch by tomorrow so they can ship... Their brooder is completely ready for them except for the water (we will mix and pour the water Tuesday night in case they make it on Wednesday). I will post bunches of pics here over the next two months or so - until they join the main flock.
fl.gif
wee.gif
fl.gif

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
I'm sure hoping so.  But as we all know, at about 8 weeks, they will hate us :gig , I mean :hit .  Then it will only take 1.2 million meal worms before they love us again. :rolleyes:

Typical teenagers!!

At least mealworms are cheaper than a phone, iPod, laptop/iPad, car, and various other 'I have to have' accessories... :lau

Ok, @Tevyes Dad & @MamaDux here is my interpretation of hooooopoooose... first you inhale on the hoooooo and exhale on the pooooose... it is a combination of attitude, settling and the profile of what adds up to the awesomeness of DUCK... I feel it is most expressed in the settled down pancakitoons position but can also be seen while standing... note the distinct prominence of the floatation device while the neck is folded up with the bill resting close to or on the said flotation device...

Hooooopoooose... how's that, @Julie Bird ? :D

Time for role call and weight. They were Hatched/shipped a week ago today. Latte: 3.9oz - up 18% Casey: 3.7oz up 16% Allie: 5.2oz up 27% (Pekin Power!) =========== BONUS PICS =========== Latte shows some duckie tongue. Camera Photo Bombs...
AGAPE GASP CHOKE AAAAAHSOME aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh THEY ARE SO CUTE AND YVONNE GETS TO KISS THE LITTLE SOFTIES OF ALLIE LATTE AND CASEY. PLEASE PEOPLE, NOTE THEIR WEBS. FACES, BILLS AND WEBS, AGAIN. I KNOW I REPEAT MYSELF ON HERE ABOUT THE WEBS ALL THE TIME. BUT.....NOTE!!!

If any of you like charts (I am:
ya.gif
Yvonne is:
roll.png
.) Here are the 'lings weights so far:

You can see it has been a race between Latte and Casey, while Allie has just gone, "Pfffft, later 'taters!"
tongue.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!   EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THEY ARE SO CUTE.

Evolution :) We find baby animals "cute" because natural selection has made us get all gooey over our own babies. Humans who percieved their babies as cute were more likely to take care of them and raise them to adulthood. Their children would reproduce and and produce more humans with a concept of cute. Many baby animals share similar characteristics with human infants: large round heads and eyes, so we often see juvenile animals with these characteristics as "cute" as well. Humans also tend to feel an instinctive parental feeling to protect and care for the infants they see, including itty bitty baby duckies :)

Tevye- 'Stay, down.... just stay down...'

Casey- 'NEVER SURRENDER!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!'

Tevye- 'That's it!!! NOT the HAIR!!!'

Casey- 'I WILL NEVER GIVE IN!!'

Tevye- 'For the love of... I need a swim... broke a little sweat...'

Casey- 'DID YA SEE ME??? DID YA?? DIDJA???'

:lau

Back
Top Bottom