The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

I can't wait to see the video of these two. Casey the baby duck beating up Tevye. You would think the older ducks would pick on the babies and the babies would run. I've never seen anything like this before.

Tevye I would compare to a golden retreiver and Casey a pitbull.

Well my rainbows and unicorns scenario isn't going to happen.  I let Tevye and Casey go at it and Tevye beat Casey mercilessly but she just wouldn't give up.  In the end, Casey won.  I will get a video of that up sometime this evening/tonight.  It ended with Tevye running up the ramp to the pool with Casey hanging off the edge and finally dropping free.
She is amazing. Wow. What a tough young duck gurl.

OK, this is the best I can do. I pulled the security footage of the fight and cropped it to the area of interest so it would be easier to see. The video isn't great because it is a fraction of a security cam's field of view, but the moment was captured. Because of the poor quality/angle, I will give you the rundown. Some kind of duck disturbance takes place behind the right side of the pool. It is a fight and it moves to behind the top of the picnic table - the flock clears out to safety. Yvonne notices it and says something, then I see it. Someone breaks free and runs under the ramp, the other one pursues and the fight resumes. The fight moves back over under the picnic table and Kaine breaks free with Casey in pursuit. Casey lets Kaine go and is joined by her brooder mates. Kane runs to the other side of the yard... No wing flap... And he checks his pride...
I saw him. All by himself. Casey is a firecracker.

I can't wait to see the video of these two. Casey the baby duck beating up Tevye. You would think the older ducks would pick on the babies and the babies would run. I've never seen anything like this before.

Tevye I would compare to a golden retreiver and Casey a pitbull.

You are so nice. I will tell Tevye
wink.png

Well you don't have to wait too long, while I am typing this it is uploading to youtube...

When they started fighting, I had my camera in my pocket and off. So I told myself I missed it, but they went on and on so I fished my camera out. By the time I started shooting, they had been going at it like this for at least 3 minutes...

0.jpg

but doesn't he have a fierceness to him? It's not like he's a doormat. I mean, he can step up.
He's not a complete doormat. He has a tiny bit of pride but not really fierceness. When you see the video you have to keep in mind he was looking at a perfectly good cloud and Casey attacked him and Casey is half his weight. So he probably found the whole thing absurd.
gig.gif

Tevye- 'Stay, down.... just stay down...'

Casey- 'NEVER SURRENDER!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!'

Tevye- 'That's it!!! NOT the HAIR!!!'

Casey- 'I WILL NEVER GIVE IN!!'

Tevye- 'For the love of... I need a swim... broke a little sweat...'

Casey- 'DID YA SEE ME??? DID YA?? DIDJA???'

:lau

Tevye- 'Stay, down.... just stay down...'

Casey- 'NEVER SURRENDER!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!'

Tevye- 'That's it!!! NOT the HAIR!!!'

Casey- 'I WILL NEVER GIVE IN!!'

Tevye- 'For the love of... I need a swim... broke a little sweat...'

Casey- 'DID YA SEE ME??? DID YA?? DIDJA???'

lau.gif
I think she is a little crazy...
ep.gif

I think she is a little crazy... :eek:

Oh, just a little, lol... I gotta get a vid of Crash when she goes outside... she took a quick solo trip out today while LG watched the littles... she went back to full on schizophrenic neurotic crazy duck again... and back to full zen coma as soon as she went back to the 'lings... :confused:

Last edited:
Wow Casey is a fighter. Are you sure she doesn't have teeth?
big_smile.png
It seemed like to me Tevye wasn't fighting that much I think he was trying to get her to calm down. She doesn't give up and enjoys winning the battle. Thanks for sharing the video.

Back
Top Bottom