The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!   EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THEY ARE SO CUTE.

Evolution :) We find baby animals "cute" because natural selection has made us get all gooey over our own babies. Humans who percieved their babies as cute were more likely to take care of them and raise them to adulthood. Their children would reproduce and and produce more humans with a concept of cute. Many baby animals share similar characteristics with human infants: large round heads and eyes, so we often see juvenile animals with these characteristics as "cute" as well. Humans also tend to feel an instinctive parental feeling to protect and care for the infants they see, including itty bitty baby duckies :)

This is why I had to have a Buff!
I hope some of my 5 eggs hatch!!
fl.gif

Evolution :) We find baby animals "cute" because natural selection has made us get all gooey over our own babies. Humans who percieved their babies as cute were more likely to take care of them and raise them to adulthood. Their children would reproduce and and produce more humans with a concept of cute. Many baby animals share similar characteristics with human infants: large round heads and eyes, so we often see juvenile animals with these characteristics as "cute" as well. Humans also tend to feel an instinctive parental feeling to protect and care for the infants they see, including itty bitty baby duckies :)
Thank you for the wonderful explanation. It totally makes sense. It obviously triggers something in the brain. Also maybe hormones like oxytocin? Itty bitty baby duckies really make me swoon. They have such a soft and sweet innocence about them. But then, I am gaga over adult duck birds too. Just something about them that touches me so deeply.

Today's weights (OK, 4/1 weights)

Allie: 3lbs, 10oz

Maybe I can do better.... Nope!

Casey: 1lb, 14oz

Latte: 1lb, 14oz

Today's weights:

Allie: 3lbs, 12oz
Casey: 1lb, 14oz
Latte: 1lb, 14oz

No individual pics today because they spent the day outside for the first time while we did yard work.

And so had their first meet and greet with the big ducks. They were interested and no one seemed aggressive (except maybe Kaine was a little.)

We also had a sandhill crane stop by in our swamp and say hi.

Off to karaoke...

Getting soooo big!! Love Latte's color coming in... and adorable flocking pic, lol... gotta check out the littles...

And big Congrats on your shiny new badge, Tony!! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom