gig.gif

Wow!!! Way to put it into perspective!!
ep.gif

Awesome duckie parents!!!
celebrate.gif

X3!! That is amazing.

Bathtub roll call today...
big_smile.png

Allie: 2lbs, 11.4oz - pretty close to 2-3/4 lbs...

Casey: 1lb, 8oz.

Latte: 1lb, 8oz.

The 'lings are starting to show a feather here and there. We decided to ditch the brewers' yeast and go back to the niacin in the water. It just works out easier for us. Because we were able to make a large enough drinker now, we did away with the rock base. We also switched to a larger feeder (we had it already from prior broods) since they are now going through as much food / hour as they were going through in a day.

Here is a pic that shows off the size difference (sorry about clipping your head Allie)...

Last edited:
Just wanted to say, I've really loved getting to see these cuties growing up, thank you for sharing this! I knew they grew fast but wow. Makes me excited for getting new ducklings, haha.

I love Allie and Casey's feet in the bathtub! Cute webs. And those little wings have a lot more growing to do, so little now. And Latte's expression is adorable. You've got very cute ducklings, and you take really good pictures of them
smile.png

@Tevyes Dad and @MamaDux you all are setting the bar very high here!! But sure enjoy the progress updates on the newest additions to your feathered family!!
Congrats and keep up the great work! It's very much appreciated!!

Troy & Tina

Bathtub roll call today...
big_smile.png

Allie: 2lbs, 11.4oz - pretty close to 2-3/4 lbs...

Casey: 1lb, 8oz.

Latte: 1lb, 8oz.

The 'lings are starting to show a feather here and there. We decided to ditch the brewers' yeast and go back to the niacin in the water. It just works out easier for us. Because we were able to make a large enough drinker now, we did away with the rock base. We also switched to a larger feeder (we had it already from prior broods) since they are now going through as much food / hour as they were going through in a day.

Here is a pic that shows off the size difference (sorry about clipping your head Allie)...
I just love those little winglets!! they are so big and adorable.

After the 'lings had a chance to run around on the floor for a bit, they decided it was nap time. Sometimes they will cuddle up to us to sleep, sometimes not. Sometimes I will just lay my hand on one like this and just leave it there while they sleep. Allie and Casey are still fine with this and even seem to like it. Latte has already decided that being touched is awful and will have none of it. Although pulling buttons, collars, hair or skin on us is a great game...

Of course if I leave them alone, they still don't mind me being near...

It is hard growing like a Pekin...

Casey still likes to tuck under her winglet.

After the nap time, I put the 'lings back in the brooder and spent some time with the big ducks. Poor things, they seem to actually be missing the company. They do get attention, but of course not as much as before the 'lings. Well it won't be too much longer before the 'lings can go out on back yard excursions, if the temp is warm enough, then we can be with both at the same time (even if there is a fence in between).

After the 'lings had a chance to run around on the floor for a bit, they decided it was nap time. Sometimes they will cuddle up to us to sleep, sometimes not. Sometimes I will just lay my hand on one like this and just leave it there while they sleep. Allie and Casey are still fine with this and even seem to like it. Latte has already decided that being touched is awful and will have none of it. Although pulling buttons, collars, hair or skin on us is a great game...

Of course if I leave them alone, they still don't mind me being near...

It is hard growing like a Pekin...

Casey still likes to tuck under her winglet.

After the nap time, I put the 'lings back in the brooder and spent some time with the big ducks. Poor things, they seem to actually be missing the company. They do get attention, but of course not as much as before the 'lings. Well it won't be too much longer before the 'lings can go out on back yard excursions, if the temp is warm enough, then we can be with both at the same time (even if there is a fence in between).
Kids and growing pains. lol they are so adorable and have gotten so big almost over night you can see the difference.

Daily weigh in....
Allie: 2lbs, 15oz - She just wasn't ready for 3lbs yet...

Casey: 1lb, 9oz

Latte: 1lb, 9oz

.... and Casey still loves the camera...

Last edited:
24 days old - they were in the egg longer than this....

Allie: 3lbs, 3oz. - Getting up is hard to do...

Stomping your way...

Casie: 1lb, 11oz.

Latte: 1lb, 11oz - Tied 4 days in a row...

Back
Top Bottom