The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

OK, this is the best I can do. I pulled the security footage of the fight and cropped it to the area of interest so it would be easier to see. The video isn't great because it is a fraction of a security cam's field of view, but the moment was captured. Because of the poor quality/angle, I will give you the rundown.

Some kind of duck disturbance takes place behind the right side of the pool.
It is a fight and it moves to behind the top of the picnic table - the flock clears out to safety.
Yvonne notices it and says something, then I see it.
Someone breaks free and runs under the ramp, the other one pursues and the fight resumes.
The fight moves back over under the picnic table and Kaine breaks free with Casey in pursuit.
Casey lets Kaine go and is joined by her brooder mates.
Kane runs to the other side of the yard... No wing flap... And he checks his pride...

0.jpg

I agree with Pattyhen. But I love all your ducks, Tony. They are on my home computer screen now. I loved your stories about them. Casey is Gurl Burd Power.

I agree with Pattyhen. But I love all your ducks, Tony. They are on my home computer screen now. I loved your stories about them. Casey is Gurl Burd Power.
Don't feel bad for Kaine. If he actually gets knocked off his throne, I think he will be happier. He has a whole flock of ducks who adore him and value his strength, and I don't think that will go away. But I really think he takes his job too seriously and it stresses him out (as well as the rest of the flock.) Part of my evidence is he really seems to enjoy being in jail sometimes (like it is a sanctuary). But when the ducklings started chasing the ducks, he went completely nuts trying to get out. He and Tevye are such good friends when Kaine isn't crazy, and although I understand the hormonal thing, I think they just make him more driven in his role. If his role was to be a general and not the king, I think he would be happier and so would the rest of the flock. I would love for this to happen and all my ducks to live in peace with no fighting (pecking is OK, that is required to keep the order).

Don't feel bad for Kaine.  If he actually gets knocked off his throne, I think he will be happier.  He has a whole flock of ducks who adore him and value his strength, and I don't think that will go away.  But I really think he takes his job too seriously and it stresses him out (as well as the rest of the flock.)  Part of my evidence is he really seems to enjoy being in jail sometimes (like it is a sanctuary).  But when the ducklings started chasing the ducks, he went completely nuts trying to get out.  He and Tevye are such good friends when Kaine isn't crazy, and although I understand the hormonal thing, I think they just make him more driven in his role.  If his role was to be a general and not the king, I think he would be happier and so would the rest of the flock.  I would love for this to happen and all my ducks to live in peace with no fighting (pecking is OK, that is required to keep the order).
Aw, I so want things to work out and just the usual pecking order. I feel bad when I hear about the birds being violent with each other. It hurts me. Seriously. Even my tweeties get violent and hiss and pull feathers. Some days I come home and could make a pillow with the feathers.

I find your birds so fascinating. I like that Kaine gets a break in jail. He is a precious duck like all of them are. I remember that video you released a few weeks back where the girls just mobbed him.

Aw, I so want things to work out and just the usual pecking order. I feel bad when I hear about the birds being violent with each other. It hurts me. Seriously. Even my tweeties get violent and hiss and pull feathers. Some days I come home and could make a pillow with the feathers.

I find your birds so fascinating. I like that Kaine gets a break in jail. He is a precious duck like all of them are. I remember that video you released a few weeks back where the girls just mobbed him.
Well my rainbows and unicorns scenario isn't going to happen. I let Tevye and Casey go at it and Tevye beat Casey mercilessly but she just wouldn't give up. In the end, Casey won. I will get a video of that up sometime this evening/tonight. It ended with Tevye running up the ramp to the pool with Casey hanging off the edge and finally dropping free.

Well my rainbows and unicorns scenario isn't going to happen.  I let Tevye and Casey go at it and Tevye beat Casey mercilessly but she just wouldn't give up.  In the end, Casey won.  I will get a video of that up sometime this evening/tonight.  It ended with Tevye running up the ramp to the pool with Casey hanging off the edge and finally dropping free.

Anybody else having the visual of a terrier and a rottweiler going on here???

Back
Top Bottom