• Other Hatchery

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • BYC member

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 32 29.1%

• Total voters
Pics
Here are pictures of my beloved buff orpingtons! They bring a smile to my face every time I see them
love.gif

I've only one female left. She keeps flirting with the rooster. Plan is to get her some company this spring. She's suffering from bumblefoot at the moment, but it's getting better.

That male must be huge, I can't wrap my hands around my lady, she's just too big - DH helps me. How much do you think he weighs?

I just got my Buff Duck Trio Saturday afternoon. They're 11 months old and originally came from Metzer or Ideal. So far they've been doin great in with my chickens and they're very pretty ducks. I'm waiting on my first egg from them. One was laying when I got her (she'll probably shut down for a little bit from the move) and the other female wasn't quite laying yet. I'm gonna hatch some ducklings off them and raise up some more. I got them to add to my dual purpose flock of chickens but also just to try something different. They're great, Love Em.

I just got my Buff Duck Trio Saturday afternoon. They're 11 months old and originally came from Metzer or Ideal. So far they've been doin great in with my chickens and they're very pretty ducks. I'm waiting on my first egg from them. One was laying when I got her (she'll probably shut down for a little bit from the move) and the other female wasn't quite laying yet. I'm gonna hatch some ducklings off them and raise up some more. I got them to add to my dual purpose flock of chickens but also just to try something different. They're great, Love Em.
Okay where's the pics?
pop.gif

I couldn't take it anymore. Those 5 lonely scared ducklings at the co-op needed a home. So they're in a tub in my living room. 5 more Buffs to go with my one lonely lady. I will have duck eggs again!!!

I can post pics maybe tomorrow evening or the day after.
big_smile.png

I'm having a problem with one of those ducklings. One has not grown and is getting more and more lethargic. They have niacin in their water. I've looked at his vent and I uhm, actually can't find it. I did find a twisted hard knot of feathers where the vent should be. I soaked him in warm water and washed away what I could, but every time I try to gently peel back those twisted fluff feathers, he squeals like he's dying. Is it possible that this duck was sexed and sexed in such a way that destroyed his vent? Not eating, not interacting and fading fast. I'm thinking if he can't poop, he's not going to eat. He was fine yesterday - little smaller than the others, but they have now all noticeably outgrown him.

Back
Top Bottom